• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers RB DeShaun Foster is visiting with the Bills on Wednesday

NCMTNCAT

The Bills continued to peruse the free agent running back market as they hosted DeShaun Foster Wednesday. The unrestricted free agent played for San Francisco last season serving as a backup to 49ers feature back Frank Gore.

Buffalo is clearly looking for a back that is accustomed to sharing the load and Foster is no exception. A former second-round pick of the Carolina Panthers, Foster (6’0” 222) played behind Stephen Davis early in his career before eventually taking over the starting role. But Foster’s career has been plagued by injuries preventing him from ever fully realizing his potential as a starter.

Foster’s best seasons statistically came in 2005 and 2006 when he rushed for close to 900 yards in each of those two campaigns and averaged four yards per carry or better (4.0, 4.3). But even then Foster didn’t carry the full load.

The veteran back has never had 250 carries in any one of his seven NFL seasons. At age 29, Foster is probably best suited to remain in a complementary role, which is likely how the Bills see him as a possible fit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/rb-foster-tours-one-bills-drive/337b3d97-b93a-407c-a6f2-8d56013a654a

To tell you the truth I always liked Foster. I don't think he has the talent to be a starting back but he does have the skill set to be complementary back. I know most of you were always complaining about how much the guy coughed up the ball but most of those times it was him giving it his all to get extra yards after contact. I can't fault a guy to much for that. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

I still wonder how he would have been running behind our new o-line...

He would have done fine imo. But Foster's injuries took so much away from the ability we drafted him for. He wouldn't have come close to Williams production. Deangelo and Stewart are better RBs now. I mean we could play the what if game and see what a non injury riddled Foster could do. And to that I would say he would be like Clinton Portis with more power. However I believe Williams is most talented back we have ever had, and Stewart I think is the most physically gifted(the dudes got everything, could be the next AP). Too many questions.

But right now I would not trade our backfield for anything as I think we have the 2 best RBs in the NFC if not the league. Stewart is going be an absolute freak with another year under his belt. Call me a homer I don't care.

To tell you the truth I always liked Foster. I don't think he has the talent to be a starting back but he does have the skill set to be complementary back. I know most of you were always complaining about how much the guy coughed up the ball but most of those times it was him giving it his all to get extra yards after contact. I can't fault a guy to much for that. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

I have no ill feelings towards him (now that he's gone). He was serviceable here. But I always remember hearing people say, "he fumbled because he was trying so hard to get extra yards."

But I have to say, "nay!"... All those fumbles came from him holding the ball out to the side in one arm, trying to get yards. He was always trying to get yards. Everyone tries to get extra yards. Noone fumbles as much as Foster. The way he holds the ball is stupid. (it's not even bad habits, it's plain stupid once you fumble the ball 5 times and not take a look at your technique. You don't try to fumble it 2 more times to get to lucky number 7..)

Even before he was "starting" and carrying the team on his "shoulders", he was fumbling the ball.

Archived