• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently we went 1-15 again

N1kkadeemuz

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Losers-The-five-teams-to-which-free-agency-was-?urn=nfl-wp4307

Really nothing said just a re-hash about Williams being old...damn anyone could write this.

3. Carolina Panthers. The Panthers have certainly splashed around some money, so I guess there's an argument to be made that they're winners here. But when you're 1-15, I don't know why you give big money to a 28-year-old running back when you have Jonathan Stewart(notes) on the roster. They were kind of painted into a corner with Charles Johnson(notes) -- he's 25 years old and had 11.5 sacks last year, so they sort of had to keep him -- but to me, $30 million is a whole lot of guaranteed money for a guy who's had one good season. I'm glad they were active and I'm glad they're trying hard to improve, but I wonder if that money couldn't have been put to better use.

Even ignoring the part about 1-15 that was one of the worst write ups I've have ever wasted my time reading.

Mostly because were on the top 5 Losers in FA and NOT in the top 3 winners.

We did an excellent job in FA so that yahoo retard can suck it.

During Lockout:

"Panthers will suck this coming year because they are going to lose DWill, CJ, hell maybe even their LBers in Anderson and TD and they won't be able to replace them!!! Also, Richardson is a cheap son of a bitch that won't pay anyone!"

After the lockout:

"Panthers will suck this year because they kept DWill, CJ, and their LBers and their team sucked last year so it has to suck this year too. Also, Jerry Richardson throws too much money around!"

I understand some of the points they are making but we would have been a much worse team letting those guys go and we still have money to make some other moves. Also, I know it was a trade and not a FA signing, but come on, how do you not give us props for raping the Bears to get Olsen?

I can understand why someone might not put us in the top 5 best teams in FA this year because I don't think we addressed our two biggest needs as well as possible (though perhaps as well as the team could afford while building through youth, which I understand), but I just can't fathom how we are in the bottom 5.

The guys that re-signed were all of the best at they're position in FA. I think we did a decent job, but if we had put "better use" to our money, who were we supposed to sign that were any better?

I suppose they expected us to grab a big name corner or DT or... who the hell am I kidding, they don't know enough about our team to even realize those two areas are weaknesses, they just know our record last year and our lack of big name FA signings from other teams.

Archived