• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/4 Updates

Ruff

Really wasn't trying to knock you, just tired of the whole Cam Vs Clausen threads.

When you're the number #1 overall pick, you're going to be handed the keys eventually. Now what you do with them, is to be determined.

The same people that's still holding out hope for Clausen, didn't want use to draft Cam in the first place, and I think it's pathetic.

Don't get me wrong. I definitely think that Cam will be the one that is handed the keys.

My comment was that JC is getting an unfair wrap. No young QB could have done anything in our offense last sasons....and that includes Cam.

The success of a few rookie QB's has everyone now believing that every Top 10 pick at QB shoudl immediately start.

Given Cam's background and the fact that the ENTIRE team is learning the system, I still see Anderson starting the season at #1. But, I think that he gives that up about half way though the season....to Cam.

If they thought this highly of him, Nanee wouldn't have been brought in.

Don't really agree with this at all. Smith is really the only true known quantity of all the receivers; while LaFell and Gettis both performed reasonably well last year and showed improvement throughout the season, they are still somewhat unknown. Naanee gives the team another player who has been a consistent receiver when needed AND can be a good special teamer.

Is he a world-beater? Probably not. Can he provide a solid target when called upon and tear up some special teams the rest of the time? Yup. Is he disposable in the event that Armanti, Gettis, LaFell, Pilares, and someone else absolutely blow it up during preseason? You bet. I see no downside to this signing.

Every time I get on here there's a petty argument about practice...

This poo just isn't funny anymore at all.

Can't even get a solid update about practice because I have 18+ pages of pop to sift through... That's why I'm not doing it...

Plus.... It's almost T-shirt time!!!!!!!

Great find, one thing that jumped out at me was the margin of victory stats.

He actually did a decent job when we lost by 7 or less, compared to blowouts where people might think he "boosted" his stats.

You've got your causation wrong there, I think. The tendency is for the team to not get blown out as much when the QB doesn't play as bad.

Don't get me wrong. I definitely think that Cam will be the one that is handed the keys.

My comment was that JC is getting an unfair wrap. No young QB could have done anything in our offense last sasons....and that includes Cam.

The success of a few rookie QB's has everyone now believing that every Top 10 pick at QB shoudl immediately start.

Given Cam's background and the fact that the ENTIRE team is learning the system, I still see Anderson starting the season at #1. But, I think that he gives that up about half way though the season....to Cam.

If we were playing anybody other than Arizona, I would also say Anderson, but since we're playing AZ, I think Cam gets the nod. I also think the play of our OLine will play a big role in determining who gets the go.

I would still argue a rookie QB who fit the scheme would have easily had more success......d was decent, OL from a running aspect was good, backfield was good, and there was a pro bowl WR. We wouldn't of been good buyer wouldn't of been the train wreck we were IMO

I would still argue a rookie QB who fit the scheme would have easily had more success......d was decent, OL from a running aspect was good, backfield was good, and there was a pro bowl WR. We wouldn't of been good buyer wouldn't of been the train wreck we were IMO

The problem with last year is that even good players were playing bad including 89. It was simply a lame duck year and everyone knew it.

As far as the JC debate goes... I just wish everyone would realize that in just about a week all questions will be answered and we can put this seemingly year long thread out of its misery. If he can't perform in the preseason it's over.

DA - 31% of his completions were 10 yards + downfield

Jimmy - 17% of his completions were 10 yards + downfield

Most of DA's production (yards/TD) came from throws 10+ yards downfield

Most of Jimmy's production (yards/TD) came from throws less than 10 yards

How is that not radically different? Sorry, but I respectfully disagree with your post.

Attempts are not the same as completions. Note that I said attempts. There's no doubting how much higher DA's production was in his offense. But that production was also spurred on by a receiving corps (including a tight end and offensive coaching staff) that blew ours away last year.

As I said, the actual production was radically different, but where they threw the ball was not as large as many believe... the biggest difference was in the fact that Anderson was enormously effective in the 11-20 yard range, the same range that Clausen in camp now is practicing so hard at and actually apparently doing well. Hell, Clausen and Anderson both had like a 38% completion percentage on throws past 20 yards (though Anderson's completions at those distances were obviously more likely to yield TDs). The difference was that when Anderson threw it 11-20 yards, Clausen chucked it near the line of scrimmage.

Just got in from work. Can someone catch me up on today's happenings?

How was Cam, Jimmy, DA? How did the veterans look, like Charles Johnson, Thomas Davis, and Olsen?

Umm. passing game looked really good. Basically Jimmy checked down for two hours. Sounded like Cam had his best day but still had a few crazy inaccurate passes and one or two plays where he held the ball too long but also several really good passes down field. Burney made another play by planting Goody on his ass.

Olsen was fugging lights out by all accounts. Gonna be big time in this offense.

DA took no snaps at all.

Not sure what I missed. Anyone.

He'd definitely have to show he can consistently beat the press to be the #2 though.

I told PF81 on twitter, I'm still surprised by Riv coming out and saying the #2 spot is open, b/c I thought Gettis earned it last year and thought LaFell and AE would be playing the slot... Pretty surprising to me.

Actually playing the slot makes it a little easier to beat the press. Because you are off the line a bit you have extra space to manuever before the defender can try and body up on you.

Umm. passing game looked really good. Basically Jimmy checked down for two hours. Sounded like Cam had his best day but still had a few crazy inaccurate passes and one or two plays where he held the ball too long but also several really good passes down field. Burney made another play by planting Goody on his ass.

Olsen was fugging lights out by all accounts. Gonna be big time in this offense.

DA took no snaps at all.

Not sure what I missed. Anyone.

Armanti changed his # back to 14!

Jimmy Checkdown! LOL...... has a nice ring to it. Sounds like a mafia name.

Archived