• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8/4 Updates

Ruff

Brilliant post dip poo.

Hopefully one of these days I can become as smart as the rest of yas and can figure out how trading the 89th pick for the 33rd pick is a good deal. Right now I am just struggling with that.

If picks even remotely mirrored production I could see where you would be struggling, but since they are nowhere close and never have been you can stop worrying yourself.

I hate the trade for AE. I would have fired Hurney for it. I don't hate AE, though I do get tired off all of his nut huggers talking about him like he is some great physical specimen.

And I never said that I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for Jerry Rice. That wasn't the trade that Hurney made. Hurney traded a 2nd round pick in a year in which we all knew the Panthers would at best be 8-8 and therefore picking in the first half of the draft for a player that was going to be drafted in the 4th round. That's a bad trade. MH you are smart enough to figure that out. Some of the other posters, not so much.

I don't believe he would have been there 2 rounds later. Someone within the following 20 picks would have taken a flyer on him.

Brilliant post dip poo.

Hopefully one of these days I can become as smart as the rest of yas and can figure out how trading the 89th pick for the 33rd pick is a good deal. Right now I am just struggling with that.

I trust professionals. I don't trust you. Take a step outside your own little bubble and look in. You might be disappointed.

Brilliant post dip poo.

It's not about the numbers of the picks, it's about production. All you really hope for out of the second round is a good starter; if AE becomes that, it'll have been a good trade.

If AE became Jerry Rice, it'd be a fuging steal.

To state the obvious, I think Hurney felt that AE with a year under his belt would have been worth a second round pick, and that's why he took him.

Brilliant post dip poo.

First of all Hurney did not know it would be 33rd pick. How would you feel trading 89th pick for 59th pick and the guy become probowler? Trades always hit or miss. If AE becomes probowler this year, everyone will say how smart hurney is. Nature of business. Guy becomes probowler - everyone loves GM, guy is a bust - GM is an idiot.

Trust me; Hurney will never look like a genius with the AE trade. AE could turn into Jerry fuging Rice and Hurney still gave up way too much to draft him.

You're right. I would never give up Ras-I Dowling for the greatest receiver to ever play the game.

Brilliant post dip poo.

Not even getting into the player, the statement of trading the 33rd pick for the 89th is false. Hurney traded a pick that was currently unknown for the known 89th pick. That trade had a degree of risk involved for the other end of the trade. For that reason, they get a step up.

After that, you can argue whether or not Edwards is worth it as a player, irregardless of where he was picked.

Archived