• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

But the thing is the Colts shouldn't be working out a QB with a what...33-34 year old Peyton Manning should they?? Peyton has the keys to the franchise until he wants to leave..I just think its funny that the team with the best QB of my generation is looking for his backup already and we (with an average QB at best) have looked for a legitimate option maybe...once (and not realistically b/c they knew there was no way Ryan was falling to us).

Always thought that this was the biggest pile of sh*t I've ever heard whenever someone used it to defend Delhomme.

Well, it might have something to do with the fact that we've never fielded another QB that could find Smith with a f*cking map and a compass.

The only bigger pile of sh*t out there is the various conjecture that anyone could pass for 4000 yards and 35 TDs by just slinging it up for Smith, and the only reason Delhomme can't do it is because he sucks or whatever. Nevermind that we had a 1400 yard receiver and a second who came about 70 yards shy of 1000 when we attempted the least passes in the league last season, Delhomme is worthless and we should be desperately scrapping our draft to get a shot at the latest shiny, "sure-fire" first round QB prospect. In the mean time, we can't stop the run effectively and have serious issues emerging at CB.

I have a simple question: what's more ridiculous-believing that Smith and Delhomme have a rapport that's difficult to duplicate, or believing that just an "average" QB would be able to sling it around like Peyton Manning just because Smith is out there even though it's been proven to be quite the opposite time and time again? Go on and jack off over Sanchez and Stafford and ignore the high bust factor associated with QBs who come out as juniors.

Well, it might have something to do with the fact that we've never fielded another QB that could find Smith with a f*cking map and a compass.

The only bigger pile of sh*t out there is the various conjecture that anyone could pass for 4000 yards and 35 TDs by just slinging it up for Smith, and the only reason Delhomme can't do it is because he sucks or whatever. Nevermind that we had a 1400 yard receiver and a second who came about 70 yards shy of 1000 when we attempted the least passes in the league last season, Delhomme is worthless and we should be desperately scrapping our draft to get a shot at the latest shiny, "sure-fire" first round QB prospect. In the mean time, we can't stop the run effectively and have serious issues emerging at CB.

I have a simple question: what's more ridiculous-believing that Smith and Delhomme have a rapport that's difficult to duplicate, or believing that just an "average" QB would be able to sling it around like Peyton Manning just because Smith is out there even though it's been proven to be quite the opposite time and time again? Go on and jack off over Sanchez and Stafford and ignore the high bust factor associated with QBs who come out as juniors.

Oh jeez... How bout Vinny and Moore? Forget that Smith had over 1,000 yard receiving without Delhomme...

Oh jeez... How bout Vinny and Moore? Forget that Smith had over 1,000 yard receiving without Delhomme...

Are you implying Steve Smith's production wasn't affected from Delhomme being injured?

He barely had a 1,000 yards, and barely got the ball at all.

Why work out a quarterback who will go in the first round when we don't have a first round pick? Until we get one (if we do), no need to workout anyone who will be long gone when we pick?

Plus, how many guys have we actually picked without giving them a private workout? Beason, Connor and Godfrey come to mind in the last 2 years.

Third, how many workouts these days are designed solely to throw everyone off on who you are secretly coveting. How do we know they actually want Sanchez versus this is a red herring?

I did laugh but it was about some of these posts, not the premise that the Colts would work out Sanchez.

Are you implying Steve Smith's production wasn't affected from Delhomme being injured?

Smitty had 300 yards and 4 TDs in 2 1/2 games with Smitty. He had 700 yards and 3 Tds in the remaining 12 1/2 games (he sat out one game). As you mention he was a lot more productive with Jake than anyone else. Without Jake's great start, Smitty wouldn't have made 1000 yards. With Jake he was on pace for at least 1800 yards and 15 TDs

1002 yards in 2007 vs. 1421 yards after missing two games this previous season, 1166 yards after missing two games in 2006, 1563 yards in 2005.

Yeah, no dropoff there. Forgot to mention that Smith had the highest YPG and YPC of his entire career in 2008.

I don't think Delhomme is even all that good, but there are sure as hell plenty of QBs worse than him looking for work out there. I'm sure Kyle Boller could take us to the promised land. On another note, I like Matt Moore a lot and hope he develops to the degree that he can be a starter.

Yeah it was... He stated that no other QB can throw to Smith like Delhomme can which is inaccurate. Carr could not get the ball to him... Smith had like 80 yards receiving in 4 games when Carr started.

Delhomme is an average QB at best and defending him by applying that we did horrible when he was gone is biased. We had 45 year old and Undrafted rookie play for us... Both were bellow average.

I did laugh but it was about some of these posts.

I'm with you.

I have a simple question: what's more ridiculous

The most ridiculous thing to me is the seeming leap of logic by some for the past few months that getting Peyton Manning in here when the O was already scoring 30+ ppg down the stretch will fix a defense that was giving up about that much per game down that same stretch.

1002 yards in 2007 vs. 1421 yards after missing two games this previous season, 1166 yards after missing two games in 2006, 1563 yards in 2005.

Yeah, no dropoff there. Forgot to mention that Smith had the highest YPG and YPC of his entire career in 2008.

I don't think Delhomme is even all that good, but there are sure as hell plenty of QBs worse than him looking for work out there. I'm sure Kyle Boller could take us to the promised land. On another note, I like Matt Moore a lot and hope he develops to the degree that he can be a starter.

You comparing trash to garbage... As I said before if you think Delhomme is good then you got a problem.

I'm with you.

The most ridiculous thing to me is the seeming leap of logic by some for the past few months that getting Peyton Manning in here when the O was already scoring 30+ ppg down the stretch will fix a defense that was giving up about that much per game down that same stretch.

We have a great young D. We need to improve our DL and we're set. We also need a new QB who makes less mistakes. Not a flashy QB but smart.

Archived