• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is officially our starter!

mav1234

I don't even want to consider the possibility Cam will fail, but this organization has already demonstrated that it is willing to make decisions to improve a position even if they have a rookie sitting in it from the previous year who could still improve but might not.

Here's to every drive being as electric as his drive tonight.

That one drive is what I envisioned when I advocated for drafting Cam. Yes I know the preseason has been bumpy but that one drive in a microcosm is what I envision for Cam on a regular basis eventually. It will be a bumpy road getting there but if Cam can get to that point where he is completing even 58% of his passes and maintains that mobility he will be a hell of a QB. If he gets over 60% forget about it.

It may not happen this year but IMO when it finally clicks this guy will be very, very hard to stop.

Still don't think he's ready, but if we're going all in...you gotta hope for the best. He will win some games for us with his legs, just hope he doesn't lose too many with his arm. I'm impressed with his arm strength and he does seem very poised though. Who knows, he may surprise me and be good this year (he will be good, I don't think there is any question about that...the only question is when).

Kurt Warner, clearly a bandwagon jumper of the "Cam won't succeed in the NFL" parade, claimed that Cam isn't ready. When asked why, he gave the same echo that many who don't want Cam to start have been chanting...The O-line isn't ready. So how does that make Cam not ready?

Dion Sanders said it best, Cam is a rookie. He isn't suppose to be "ready." The question is, which one would u trust to try and help make things happen with an O-line that isn't ready Cam or Clausen?

Very, very nice scoring drive. Ran the ball well....Cam made plays with both his legs and his arm. Impressive indeed.

I would have like to see another series or two from him....can use all the reps we can get. However, I fully undertand the injury concern.

Cam will have rough spots and will make mistakes....all rookies do. But, that series showed what Panthers fans have to look forward to.

DA looked sharp as well. Nice to see that if Cam struggles, we actually do have a viable option in DA.

Clausen still sucks.

over 9 yards a carry? Not bad for a QB to have up his sleeve when protection breaks down and nobodys open downfield.

Which will probably happen a lot with our receivers. He'd really be fuged if not for Olsen and Shockey. If he keeps getting 9 yards a carry, we can replace all our WR's with linemen for all I care.

Archived