• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some turd from SI.com mentioned the Panthers in his "20 bold predictions"

Brokenbad

Here is what he had to say:

7. It'll be almost Halloween before Carolina's new quarterback, Cam Newton, and new head coach, Ron Rivera, get to the celebrate their first NFL victory together. The Panthers will endure an 0-7 start before Minnesota becomes their first victim, in Week 8 in Charlotte. If Carolina falls to 0-8 after facing the Vikings on Oct. 30, a tough second-half schedule could produce a legitimate run at a winless season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/09/06/bold.predictions/index.html#ixzz1XDwP8pdk

we are a young ass team that has 5 weeks under our belts in a totally new system with a rookkie QB and rookies across our defensive front. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to be hard to win games. If we had a full off season, things would be much different.

I can understand u guys having to prove urselves but to continue making such silly and baseless predictions really leaves me to wonder if we all can do these people's job. Heck I could have easily said that.

I really feel the Panthers are going to prove a lot of these naysayers wrong but they will continue to find ways to justify their beliefs.

we are a young ass team that has 5 weeks under our belts in a totally new system with a rookkie QB and rookies across our defensive front. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to be hard to win games. If we had a full off season, things would be much different.

You act as if it's only OUR team? You do know everyone had a shortened offseason, right?

I could see that. I could also see 1-7 or 2-6 at the half.

I think you are right. I don't think we win more than 2 of the first 8. But the good news is that the defense and offense will improve over the course of the season so that we will be a lot more competitive in the second half versus the first.

Archived