• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jones Visiting Titans

Delhommey

Well, count me in the minority of people who like Jones catching and just running straight up the gut for whatever happens vs. a lot of juking and jiving sideways and backwards and getting stuffed more times than not.

I'm with you brother! He's not flashy but I like his style. I'd prefer the Panthers hold onto him.

To me its more than just losing Jones. Hangartner was a big part of the line on ST. Kyle was the long snapper. Goings was a ST ace. Bridges played a lot on the line for ST. It takes more than just a return man to have a good return game. Losing Jones and giving the duties back to Robinson is okay with me but I think Robinson will not do as good as Jones did last season but it won't be his fault...although everyone will blame him.

To me its more than just losing Jones. Hangartner was a big part of the line on ST. Kyle was the long snapper. Goings was a ST ace. Bridges played a lot on the line for ST. It takes more than just a return man to have a good return game. Losing Jones and giving the duties back to Robinson is okay with me but I think Robinson will not do as good as Jones did last season but it won't be his fault...although everyone will blame him.

Robinson was a below average return man. I also, don't buy into the fan rationalization, that you can "learn" to be a good return man. It is natural. That is why good return man have success year one when given plenty of chances. Robinson was so bad that we view his returns that weren't embarassing as "good". (Which were a whooping total of 3 late in the season) Robinson plus all the other recent disasters have made us all believe Jones was good. Jones was a vast improvement in Carolina. No arguing that..........but we also had one of worst return units for consecutive years.

Letting Jones go was a bad move. It's possible he wanted too much money from an already "cap-starved" team and I can see why we haven't got him back because of that. But to say Ryne is better, right now, is just ignorant, he COULD be better, but who knows. Look, you have Ryne coming back from a pretty bad injury, who knows how he'll be. I know all you guys want return TD's left and right, but to me I'll take a ton of 35-40 yard returns over 1-2 TD's in a year. Jones had a lot of good returns and showed great vision while keeping a hold of the ball. I hope I'm wrong, but don't be surprised to see our return game back to what it was before last year.

Ok... I take it all back.

See what I mean?:D

BTW, for those that don't know, Robinson was doing the same thing that Jones was doing by the second half of his rookie season, and by all accounts, he was having a great TC before he got hurt.

I guess this all just proves that old expression...out of site, out of mind.

Letting Jones go was a bad move. It's possible he wanted too much money from an already "cap-starved" team and I can see why we haven't got him back because of that. But to say Ryne is better, right now, is just ignorant, he COULD be better, but who knows. Look, you have Ryne coming back from a pretty bad injury, who knows how he'll be. I know all you guys want return TD's left and right, but to me I'll take a ton of 35-40 yard returns over 1-2 TD's in a year. Jones had a lot of good returns and showed great vision while keeping a hold of the ball. I hope I'm wrong, but don't be surprised to see our return game back to what it was before last year.

http://www.heraldonline.com/206/story/1197479.html

Jones said he was leaving Nashville this morning, but had no other visits lined up at this time. He said his agent had informed him that the Panthers and St. Louis had made low-level offers, likely for the veteran minimum, but he's seeing what's available after a strong bounce-back campaign.

I'm thinking this is what's going on with Jones, Kyle and Curry (the unsigned portion of our special teams core). At least they've made Jones an offer. I don't blame any of the 3 of them trying to find a better deal elsewhere, but if they don't, we're probably going to be able to keep them. This offseason is going to be a PITA with the Pep thing hanging over our heads. We only have 55 players listed on the roster on the team site, and 10+ are practice squad/scrubs/camp fodder.

We don't need Jones anyway. The only reason he was here in the first place, was because Ryne Robinson was hurt. It amazes me that some fans have already written Robinson off just because it took him a minute to learn as a rookie. He will be better than Jones as long as he stays healthy...especially as a WR.

lmfao!

Done talkin about it, just had to laugh at posts like this....

just go to nfl.com or espn.com and look at Jones' stats. Yeah, he was a replacement, but he was also top 5 in the league.

I'm amazed....

lmfao!

Done talkin about it, just had to laugh at posts like this....

just go to nfl.com or espn.com and look at Jones' stats. Yeah, he was a replacement, but he was also top 5 in the league.

I'm amazed....

thankyou finally someone that's not on the RR band wagon..come on now do people really think RR is gunna b in the top 5 in the league

Archived