• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does Jimmy Clausen feel today?

Udogg

I was just wondering after Cam's start how does Jimmy feel? Pretty sure he feels like he will probably never get the chance to start here now. Do you think he is happy the pressure is off of him? Maybe he is thinking about how can he get released so that he can get another shot to start somewhere else? Or maybe he is thinking this backup thing isn't so bad and maybe I can do this for another 6 years then Coach at ND. What do you guys think?

Rodgers had to sit behind Farve for awhile. He wasn't ready right away. Most rookies aren't. Newton is a rare breed. That isn't to say Jimmy can't be a solid quarterback but we don't have the system or patience that a guy like he needs. He will find a home somewhere with a better setup suited for him.

Jimmy is actually in a great situation right now. He wasn't ready to play in the NFL last year and now he gets time to sit and learn. If the Panthers get a chance to showcase him at some point to increase his value (if he has improved), they could get back some value for him. Will he play this year? VERY unlikely. Anderson is the backup and Newton by all accounts bought himself 15 more starts with that debut performance.

Someone will take a chance on Jimmy, as long as he keeps working hard to improve he will get his shot elsewhere.

I'm thinking Jimmy is feeling much like he has felt through this whole process. If he is smart, he might actually learn something.

Just because he isn't THE guy, why is there a need to trash on him? You can't say the guy didn't try, so why the constant desire to try to belittle him at every step...

Archived