• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update

PantherExpress

Pep, much like Jenkins, has gotten a raw deal from a lot of you "fans" who question him and his ability constantly....

yeah jenkins really proved us wrong by going to ny, keeping the weight off all year, and being a solid performer for 17 weeks.

I'll say this, if this trade actually does happen, then Peppers will have won the posturing war, and my respect for Hurney will have been lowered a few notches.

2nd year in a row that we got ripped off for 2 very good defensive linemen? It should warrant some criticism.

I would have never doubted Peppers until he stated that he maximized his play in the 4-3 and wants to move to a team that has the 3-4, it wasn't classless but it was a hash blow since we have done everythign in our power as an oranization to support him through his good seasons and bad ones. I just think he signed the franchise tag paperwork as a peace offering since he knows it's a potentially crippling blow to our defense, but he still won;t be playing full tilt next season if he was to stay in Charlotte (which he won't be).

the guy wants out and has stated as much...that automatically weakened our position

we were already going to have to deal with trading a 29 year old guy that takes plays/seasons off, wants to play in a new position ion a new scheme for him, and is not a leader.

to peppers credit, he and his agent played it brilliantly.

***UPDATE ON THE UPDATE***

ESPN just re-hashed this story on NFL Live. Said the Pats and Panthers are working on the deal.

IMO - I think we need more than just the 2nd round pick... And for those saying we couldn't afford to sign a 1st round pick... We're dumping 16 mil. Acquiring the Pats 1st round pick would possibly take about 4 mil or so out of that this year. Why can't we do that?

I want a resolution to the situation, but I am not supporting a move to help the Patriots continue to build a dynasty through strong-arm robbery.

something to consider that i have seen in a few other places.

belicheat doesn't show his hand in things like this and neither does the pats. they are even more tight-lipped than the panthers.

what advantage would be had in letting this leak out on their end if the deal isn't supposed to be done for over a week?

if it wasn't them letting the cat out of the bag, who was it? the panthers?

guess what, folks? this could get other potential suitors a little anxious and willing to put out something more.

look at the #34 as the starting bid and let's see what happens.

something to consider that i have seen in a few other places.

belicheat doesn't show his hand in things like this and neither does the pats. they are even more tight-lipped than the panthers.

what advantage would be had in letting this leak out on their end if the deal isn't supposed to be done for over a week?

if it wasn't them letting the cat out of the bag, who was it? the panthers?

guess what, folks? this could get other potential suitors a little anxious and willing to put out something more.

look at the #34 as the starting bid and let's see what happens.

I'm Pretty sure the Chiefs trade was leaked, or at least a heads up that "some trade" between them was being talked about way before it happened.

Archived