• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update

PantherExpress

Seriously will hate this trade if it happens like that. Why not just go after Peppers? Why not tell NE we wanted a first so they got KC's first and traded that too us? Why not trade Peppers for Cassel? These make more sense than a straight-up 2nd rounder.

I look at it this way...how many other franchised players had only 16 games of NFL experience in their career like Cassel does? None. And Pep would not be a DE in their system, so he isn't worth a 1st rounder as a DE.

but i can't believe we will only settle for that. at least another pick like everyone else is saying...maybe a latter 2 or a 3 so that way we can be flexible....and even possibly trade up in the 1st round if someone is there we want and that player wasn't going to be on the board when we pick.

Seriously will hate this trade if it happens like that. Why not just go after Peppers? Why not tell NE we wanted a first so they got KC's first and traded that too us? Why not trade Peppers for Cassel? These make more sense than a straight-up 2nd rounder.

adding a player into the trade would have made things a bit touchier and complicated since peppers never signed the tender. not saying it couldn't be done but not likely.

not sure that the FO was interested in cassell or his price tag either.

I will ask again,

Can NE sign Peppers?

yes. they have the cap space.

if they make an offer that the panthers will agree to it will happen.

peppers said it wasn't about the money. if he really wants to go to the pats then he will make himself available if there is going to be a problem with space. they should be able to pull it out, though.

I still say that just the publicity will help drive up the interest and PRICE of Peppers.

If other teams are considering, now they will have to seriously consider so they dont lose out.

Well yea, that's why people were hoping for some news, because as it pertains to Peppers, the more news the better.

I would like to see something else in the deal though.

When I look at trades I consider the impact. Peppers is a top 3 overall pick in his prime, we are trading him for a 2nd rounder.

needs to be a lil bit more "fluff" IMO

But the "fluff" could be all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ we will save :woot:

Here's something I hadn't considered but should have in my last post. Let us imagine for one moment that there were no salary cap. What kind of draft picks would we expect for Peppers then? We all know it would be more than a 2nd.

So, by offering us a 2nd round pick, the Tapetriots would be exploiting our proximity to the salary cap. When we franchised and thus overvalued Peppers, that was the very thing we sought to avoid. For that reason, I think it is almost impossible that the Panthers would accept just one 2nd round pick.

Here's something I hadn't considered but should have in my last post. Let us imagine for one moment that there were no salary cap. What kind of draft picks would we expect for Peppers then? We all know it would be more than a 2nd.

So, by offering us a 2nd round pick, the Tapetriots would be exploiting our proximity to the salary cap. When we franchised and thus overvalued Peppers, that was the very thing we sought to avoid. For that reason, I think it is almost impossible that the Panthers would accept just one 2nd round pick.

true

the problem is that somebody has to offer it

we cannot seek it out

we lose valuable time waiting for an "it" that may never come.

Archived