• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trent Dilfer Film Analysis of Cam Newton

Sword

Through Twitter

Twitter_Picture_normal.jpg @TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Cam Newton, I'm 7 cups of coffee deep today watching this kid and my brain is about to explode. Hard to wrap brain around!

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, I'll start by saying I LOVE what Car is doing, they are developing & training a PASSER not a game manager.#LetTheKidPlay

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, By letting him play and sling it around he will grow much faster as a passer and learn quicker from his mistakes.

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, After 2 games I am BLOWN AWAY by his ball location on DOWNFIELD throws, especially outside the numbers. Incredible!

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, It is a VERY high risk-reward passing game. Cam is going to have a ton of big plays, but could also have many int's.

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, Lots of deep drops and vertical routes give him time to digest cov. and use big arm.

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, Car O-line,backs, & TE's doing GREAT job in protection schemes allowing this type of O to work. Rec getting open

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, Almost a throwback passing game from the 70's & 80's. Major in 7 step play action & other chunk yardage concepts.

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, Defenses will eventually force the ball out of his hand quick by bringing overload blitzes.He must pass that test!

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, The kid's fundamentals have gotten so much better, @georgewhitfield did an AMAZING job retooling his mechanics b4 draft.

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, Both TE's working hard getting open & sharing pass blocking duties. They will be huge in Cam's development. #TE'sRock

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton, If your looking for comparisons to past QB's, I don't know if I have one. Very unique skill set & development philosophy

@TDESPN Trent Dilfer

#filmstudy Newton is going to be a fascinating study the next couple of years.

We need to keep perspective, our offense will only get better- particularly in the RZ.

This is gonna be a very high-powered offense, when the running game opens up, a long with our deep attack. The defense I'm less than enthusiastic about this year, but the offense is gonna be something fun to watch.

Archived