• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera presser

bauss

you have to kick to Hester in some scenarios......that punt was just dumb.

I thought it was dumb too. I'm not sure if you're trying to add to what I said or implying that I thought he made the right choice. Which is it?

Listening to this now, I LOVE that Chico is obviously pissed off at the way the team is playing, and you can also tell, that he is very well aware of specifically what he thinks needs to change.

Now its up to him to make those changes happen.

Legadu needs to sit his ass on the bench, I'll give him credit that he gets open, but the man has no heart.

Still if the players would have just wrapped up and tackled it would have been fine. There were two players there to tackle Hester and they both missed with arm tackles.

That was my take on it. Giving them time to set up blocks and let Hester setup his run lanes is a terrible, terrible idea. He's burned so many people who've tried this with him, why would anyone assume it would work?

Can't listen at work....anyone mind giving a little more info on what was said about Goodson?

Was asked if Goodson was taken off returns due to a rib injury. Said he didn't know anything about Goodson having any injury till this morning. Switched him out with Pugh to see if they "could get someone back there who would give them a spark".

That, plus the preseason thing and the fact that Goodson has been pretty much picture-on-a-milk-carton worthy in the Panthers offense this season has me thinking he's not exactly Rivera's favorite player.

Legedu has played well but LaFell has played really well so they will look at that.

Kicking it to hester was planned, rugby kick because most returners will fair catch short kicks and we had players there that didn't make the play.

Defensive play and assignments not blaming anyone says individual players take turns missing assignments and players are trying to do to much and need to stay in there own lane.

The PI call against shockey was sent in for clarification.

Playing good enough to win but that is also good enough to loss.

To be clear, anyone looking for a hint that Legedu Naanee is going to be benched or cut will not find such a hint in this presser. The thing with LaFell didn't encourage me much on that front.

Could it happen? Sure, but nothing I heard here makes it sound imminent.

I know you've probably saw this but a lot of points were hit about legedu, kicking it to hester, defensive play and assignments, and the PI call against shockey.

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Ron-Rivera-Presser/96511977-fc1f-45fb-9f22-df02c482cf69

Figured it would be nice to hear some discussion on it.

The more he talks, the better I like him. More and more, the BEST offseason move by this organization was the hiring of Rivera. This team is going to be a force to reckon with for the next decade

I didn't love this hire when it happened but the more I see and hear from Rivera the more he impresses me. I just have a feeling that he is a guy that will get it done if he can keep the locker room and if he is given sufficient time.

I thought it was dumb too. I'm not sure if you're trying to add to what I said or implying that I thought he made the right choice. Which is it?

i agree the punt was idiotic. You kick that one out of bounds or sky high. You don't punt to Hester in the center of the field.

Archived