• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Gotta Be The Shoes...

chknwing

I'm sure they do, but they don't "look" like they have that much ankle support...

Yeah, I thought that too. But then I realized that the strings must pull the fabric around the ankle tight. And that form-fitting material is extremely snug (from personal experience). So, I am sure it is nice and tight around the ankle. I think the point of the cleat is to make it look more comfortable and not so much tight and uncomfortable. Aesthetics are what Under Armour goes for.

I'm sure they do, but they don't "look" like they have that much ankle support...

Biscuit, if you play pick up basketball, I recommend giving the Nike Hyperdunks a try, Hyperfuse as well... It's the same concept and they're amazing. Best shoes I've ever had. They may be light, but it really feels like you're wearing a flexible, lightweight ankle brace - the support is great, cushioning is great, and they're so light you barely feel them.

It seems this is becoming the trend.

BTW, those cleats are awesome, UA is stepping their game up, can't wait to see what they do for Kemba if the NBA plays this year.

Archived