• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Pro Bowlers?

Catalyst

It's early yet, but who are some potential Pro Bowlers from the Panthers?

I think with our offense playing so well we could see more than you'd expect from a non-playoff team, which I believe we'll be. Fantasy points go a long way in this day and age in fan voting. On defense, I expect only Charles Johnson will have a shot, even if Gamble has been playing well enough to deserve it. Godfrey probably has an outside chance.

I'm thinking:

Cam Newton - Kind of an outside chance, but if he keeps it up I see no reason why he shouldn't at least be a 1st or 2nd alternate, which means he'd likely end up being selected as one or more QB's always skip the PB.

Steve Smith - As close to a lock as we have. He's going to finish the year with monster numbers and has a shot to be the league's leading receiver. I'd be shocked if he didn't make it.

Greg Olsen - Has a chance, but likely as an alternate. Although, didn't I read that if he does make the Pro Bowl we'll owe the Bears a 2nd rounder instead of a 1st?

Jordan Gross - If he made it last year, there's no reason he can't this year on one of the league's best overall offenses.

Ryan Kalil - Same as Gross. I can see Kalil becoming one of those every year 'locks' based on reputation and consistency.

Charles Johnson - A lot of under the radar players only end up making it once their name makes the news when they hit free agency and/or get a huge contract. He's on pace for 16 sacks, and Trent Cole being hurt will help his chances. Should at least be an alternate.

Chris Gamble - An outside shot, but corners usually make it based off reputation/picks, which Gamble has neither of despite playing very well.

Charles Godfrey - With Nick Collins out for the season, he has a shot, but it'll likely be tied to his pick total for the year. If he ends up with 5-6 INT's he could get in.

Smith and Olsen. Newton would be competing against Brees, Rodgers, and Vick who are basically sure-things. He could have an outside chance at an alternate spot if he keeps playing well assuming Matt Ryan doesn't start to heat up.

Based on this year, Vick isn't a sure thing especially if he can't make it through the season.

this team has enough hype offensively that we will probably wind up with a couple. probably newton and smitty and either kalil or gross.

on defense we won't have anyone.

still...the probowl is just a joke and selections are based on hype rather than actual talent or performance.

Smith and Olsen. Newton would be competing against Brees, Rodgers, and Vick who are basically sure-things. He could have an outside chance at an alternate spot if he keeps playing well assuming Matt Ryan doesn't start to heat up.

This is why the Pro-Bowl sucks balls. Vick is terrible.

Archived