• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Describe Your Worst Car Accident/Dumbest Thing Done While Driving

PantherBoy95

A while back I wrecked a birthday present of mine while not knowing it was mine. While driving I rear ended a car and the car I hit flipped over. I was in ABSOLUTE SHOCK and seeing that car flip was the worst thing I've ever seen in my LIFE. I was already seeing the label of "Murderer" flash through my head (literally). Luckily the guy got out with only a few cuts (and what he says is a hurt back). I can't thank God enough for bringing me through that situation. But that brings me to the point. What's the worst accident you've been in, and/or what's the dumbest thing you've done to cause an accident (texting, eating etc.)

Was going 55mph on my SUV when a car coming from opposite direction merged into my lane so to avoid head to head collision I swerve on the right... My car went into a ditched and flipped a couple of times... Good thing my girlfriend was only 5'2 cause that side of the car was totally destroyed. That lady that crossed the middle double yellow had a head to head collision with a car that was tailgating me behind... lolol

Back in 02. I used to work for the Carolina Inn at UNC Chapel Hill, this was when I lived in Raleigh. It was a long commute but I only worked on the weekends. Well It was after my shift had ended so I was going home, taking I-40, 540 wasn't built yet.

So I'm driving down the Interstate, listening to SOAD, when out of the blue. I hear a loud "Cachinkt!" sound come from the passenger side of my car. When I turn to see what happened I see the tire that was on the side of the passenger, just roll away from my car. At this moment the weight of the car couldn't handle being on 3 wheels. That's when I tried to stop but I couldn't. Instead, I tried to slam on the breaks. Bad Idea. I went flipping about 5-6 times, over the median onto on coming traffic. Luckily the semi that was going to kill me saw what was happening, slowed down before he got to me. So when he did hit me he only dragged my car about 10 yards. I came out unscathed from the crash. But I have a really bad lower back because of that.

What really pisses me off? That the day before this crap happened I was late to my insurance company, I was going to put full coverage insurance on my car. But I was late, so they closed. If I would have changed the policy, i would have gotten some cash and a new car according to my agent. That pissed me off even more. Luckily one of my co workers was going by the accident and turned around because he recognized my car. He gave me a ride home that night. That was a really fuged up day man.

I have 3.

First one was driving my moms car(see station wagon) while i was 16 or so. Crusing along a yellow jacket flies in my window. Since I'm highly allergic I did what any normal person would do. I jumped in the passenger side...WHILE THE CAR WAS STILL MOVING. I nailed the car at the red light. Luckily no damage. But the look on the two old guys face when they looked back and saw me waving at them with a sheepish grin and looking at the drivers side and I shrug my shoulders.

The next one I was hungover driving this big cube truck for a rent to own company. It was around this time of year where it was cool in the am but would warm up after lunch. I was trying to take my jacket off and I guess to make good time, I decided to keep driving and as I got one arm out, the other one got stuck under the seatbelt holder. Since the truck didn't have power steering I couldn't steer with my knees and I started to panic because the truck was veering off the road.

I had to let everything go and undo the seatbelt and in matrix like fashion swing around with my free arm and pull my sleeve free. I may have even soiled myself.

Last one. Buddy and two friends were in line for the ATM. He was on E and cut off his car to "conserve" gas. I said its not gonna crank back up man. We were two cars from the machine. He tries to crank it up and sure enough its done.

So we have to get out and push while or friend was in the back seat. We start pushing and for some odd reason my buddy the driver closed his door. The car starts picking up momentum and we can't slow it down. The guy in back tries to jump over the seat to get to the steering wheel and we end up pushing the car over a 12 ft embankment and the car stuck in the kudzou and the trunk is opened. I look at my buddy and just lose it laughing.

What really pisses me off? That the day before this crap happened I was late to my insurance company, I was going to put full coverage insurance on my car. But I was late, so they closed. If I would have changed the policy, i would have gotten some cash and a new car according to my agent. That pissed me off even more. Luckily one of my co workers was going by the accident and turned around because he recognized my car. He gave me a ride home that night. That was a really fuged up day man.

LOL stuff like that as far as timing is concerned really will have you thinking "What if, what if, what if" for DAYS

I have 3.

First one was driving my moms car(see station wagon) while i was 16 or so. Crusing along a yellow jacket flies in my window. Since I'm highly allergic I did what any normal person would do. I jumped in the passenger side...WHILE THE CAR WAS STILL MOVING. I nailed the car at the red light. Luckily no damage. But the look on the two old guys face when they looked back and saw me waving at them with a sheepish grin and looking at the drivers side and I shrug my shoulders.

Once while driving with no permit with my father, I tried to duck under the steering wheel upon seeing the police. (another time in a different situation I thought about reversing the car at a police stop) Smart thinking right? LMAO I'm sure the police would've said "Oh no one's in the drivers seat of a moving car,I guess I should move along"

I once slid into a gas pump while trying to do donuts on ice. Luckily, it was just a little "tink" and nothing dramatic like if I were in an action movie.

I know... boring, right?

But I was along for the ride in a pretty good one...

I was riding with a chick. Scary enough in itself, right? She was crossing some railroad tracks. Somehow this ditz managed go off the road and hit one of the tracks. She asked me "do you think my tire is flat?" All I could hear was SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I answered "could be". She decided she needed to check it out, so she drove right through a red light across a busy intersection and pulled over into a ditch. All the way in the ditch... Bouncing around the whole time. I got out and saw just a rim that looked like Pac-Man. The tire fell off in the intersection.

She didn't have a spare or a jack. She took them out for.... I don't remember. Speakers, maybe? She called her mom and asked to bring the spare and jack. 45 minutes later the mom shows up. No spare or jack.

I was getting pretty impatient by this point. I asked why she didn't bring the spare and jack. She said she wanted to call AAA. I asked why she didn't call from home. She said she wanted to make sure where we were. I reminded her that she was told where we were... that's how she got there.

Freakin' women....

I learned my lesson about who sits in the driver's seat.

I once slid into a gas pump while trying to do donuts on ice. Luckily, it was just a little "tink" and nothing dramatic like if I were in an action movie.

I know... boring, right?

But I was along for the ride in a pretty good one...

I was riding with a chick. Scary enough in itself, right? She was crossing some railroad tracks. Somehow this ditz managed go off the road and hit one of the tracks. She asked me "do you think my tire is flat?" All I could hear was SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I answered "could be". She decided she needed to check it out, so she drove right through a red light across a busy intersection and pulled over into a ditch. All the way in the ditch... Bouncing around the whole time. I got out and saw just a rim that looked like Pac-Man. The tire fell off in the intersection.

She didn't have a spare or a jack. She took them out for.... I don't remember. Speakers, maybe? She called her mom and asked to bring the spare and jack. 45 minutes later the mom shows up. No spare or jack.

I was getting pretty impatient by this point. I asked why she didn't bring the spare and jack. She said she wanted to call AAA. I asked why she didn't call from home. She said she wanted to make sure where we were. I reminded her that she was told where we were... that's how she got there.

Freakin' women....

I learned my lesson about who sits in the driver's seat.

:lol:

Archived