• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say a Prayer For My Dad today

MadHatter

Father went under the knife this morning in Asheville.

Last Friday afternoon, he slipped and fell down a 25 foot embankment at his house outside of Sylva, NC. He broke his neck in 4 places.

The doctors say he is one of the luckiest people they have ever seen, because there does not appear to be any spinal cord damage. However, he did fractured 4 out of the 5 vertebrae in his neck.

One actually broke one vertebrae the front and the back.....that is what saved him from being completely paralyzed. They said that if it had only broken on one side, it would have absolutely severed his spinal cord.

Anyway, he is undergoing 12 hours of surgery to install pins, plates, and even a bone graph in his neck (taking bone from his hip).

He is 74 years old and is in for a long recovery.

Wow, that's insane. He is one lucky man.

Its these kinds of times where you realize how important family is and how close you could be to losing somebody.

Had a lot of sadness in my family lately and I hope yours won't be the same. Good luck to him with his surgery and I will definitely be thinking and prayin for ya.

p.s. I didn't know you were from Sylva!

Archived