• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh>Rivera

jramsey4

this thread is unreal...not even half way into Rivera's first season and people are already hating on him. First of all...49ers were already loaded w/ talent when Har. came in. All they needed was a new school coach. Solid WR's, Gore, 2 1st rounders on the OLine, and oh yea Willis. Team is stacked.

Rivera has a crippled defense w/ 0 DTs. Every one of the losses the D has given up 30 points or more. That puts way too much pressure on the offense. We dont have Brady to light up the scoreboard every game.

Bogus thread. Rivera is the right guy for this team.

Lol. I love these one sided arguments. Our defense is actually giving up around 20 points a game. The other 10 are coming as a result of the offense turning the ball over an average of 2 times a game putting our D in a position to get scored on every time. This is the same retarded argument I heard about Peyton Manning's defense the first two years as a rookie. "Despite Manning's 28 interception per season(versus 26 touchdowns), that was least of his problems, the defense was giving up 27 points per game"

REALLY? NO WAY!!! You mean when a quarterback throws 30 pics a year, their defense get scored on more? Who would have thunk.

Let's get something straight. Rivera did NOT inherit one of the worst defenses in the NFL. We are NOT one of the worst defenses in the NFL. We are ranked 16th. We ARE 28th in points allowed, but that has a lot to do with our offense being ranked 25th in turnovers. There are plenty of other teams with worse ranked defenses than we are including the Patriots 32nd, Green Bay(28th), even the Saints, (17th). Those teams are not posting 1-5 records. They're at the top of the league. Nobody wants to talk about this though. Why not?

One thing Rivera did get, that non one expected is that even after 6 games in the NFL, is a TOP 5 OFFENSE. And once again a top 5 offense that's ranked 16th in points scored.....coincidence? I think not.

Even if our defense is sub-par, a coach with a top 5 offense should be able to muster up a better record than 1-5 and average just as many points a game as the other top 5 offenses. Has no one here ever heard of the Kansas City Chiefs the same year we made the playoffs? They made a name for themselves by sporting one of the worst defenses, but a top 5 offense. And made the playoffs...same year we did. And they continued posting winning the years records after. Their defense was absolutely atrocious, but they were unstoppable offensively. Nobody's watching the Patriots and Green Bay doing just that this year? Oh you only want to mention the Saints, Patriots, and Green Bay when Cam throws for 400 yards, but not when it comes to W's and L's. Interesting.

You don't need a top 10 defense to win more than 1 game when you have a top 5 offense. You just need better coaching and better efficiency. I would like to know the answer from some members who have been around football longer than me....but has there ever been a team that was a top 5 offense after 6 games sporting a 1-5 record?

• 11 months later...

had we dumped hurney in 2010 like we should have, hired harbaugh and good GM we'd probably be sitting at 3-2 or 4-1 and pushing for a playoff spot this season

oh well I can only dream, let's go hurney/rivera/panthers rah rah rah

yeah like harbaugh would turn down california for fuging charlotte.

even if we were all in as an organization for getting him to come be our head coach he still most likely would have turned us down. remember when miami drew up a record contract for him and he just kind of strung them along for a while but ultimately walked away?

Harbaugh was never going to come east regardless . I wouldn't doubt he did not show any interest in talking to the Panthers and that coming from a former Panther is what caused the response from Richardson. It seemed like that to me at the time and even moreso now.

Harbaugh was never going to come east regardless . I wouldn't doubt he did not show any interest in talking to the Panthers and that coming from a former Panther is what caused the response from Richardson. It seemed like that to me at the time and even moreso now.

That's exactly what happened, and Gantt repeatedly reported that we had indeed talked to Harbaugh. Many thought that's why Gantt lost his beat job.

Yet some still prefer to believe that Jerry really didn't know who Harbaugh was.

Archived