• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox praises Jarrett

Mr. Scot

A little positive news...

Fox: The light came on for Jarrett

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox praised the development of second-year receiver Dwayne Jarrett on Wednesday and said he's hoping for better things from the former Southern Cal All-American next season.

“I saw big progress last year,” said Fox. “By midseason a year ago, I saw a real change in him.

“The light definitely came on.”

Sounds like they may be more ready to look at him as a successor to Moose. Also makes me think it would have been easier to let Hackett go given this belief.

The article also includes discussion about depth on the lines and in the secondary.

Did I read something on there about bringing back Lucas........... Also said the 3rd corner is between Wesley and Wilson.....

Yep.

However, Fox did not rule out the possibility of Lucas, a free agent, returning at a much lower salary cap number.

“Obviously, we thought well enough of him to have him on our team,” Fox said of Lucas. “I don't know what (the next three months are) going to bring.”

For now, the battle for the important No.3 cornerback job behind Marshall and fellow starter Chris Gamble figures to be between C.J. Wilson and Dante Wesley.

But the Panthers likely will try to find cornerback help in the draft.

Yep.

I doubt we bring back Lucas, I was just kinda surprised to see it there. If Wilson shows in camp that he can handle the role of 3rd corner then all for it. I still think we need someone else in the mix though.

Btw the avatar is awesome. I've got the bobble head they made, Awesome movie.

Hey, Fox...if the light came on...USE HIM.

Fox's history is that of a guy who's never put a whole lot of faith in rookies and/or young players at certain positions. QB and WR being prime examples. He only started Keary Colbert a few years back because he pretty much had no choice. Otherwise, Colbert's development pattern likely would have been the same as Jarrett's.

Yea I think we all saw this ourselves, and we were wondering why they didn't let him suit up.

He played very well in the games he played in last year, and when he was actually thrown to, he was money.

Now that the light is on, hopefully he can leave it on until we actually use him, or until we get a QB that throws to the #3 WR.

Archived