• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Kampman for Peppers?

I know the Peppers trade scenarios are getting stale, but I think this is realistic:

Aaron Kampman + a 2nd or 2 3rds = Julius Peppers a Packer

Trgovac is coaching over there now, so he'll put in a good word, and their switching to a 3-4, Dom Capers is DC and he'll be coached by Kevin Greene, lol. It'll be like he never left!

But seriously, Kampman doesn't have the upside of Peppers, but he is consistently in the top 5 at defensive end and is great at both rushing the passer and run defense, PLUS he doesn't take plays off (poke) :eek:

just my 2 cents

I know the Peppers trade scenarios are getting stale, but I think this is realistic:

Aaron Kampman + a 2nd or 2 3rds = Julius Peppers a Packer

Trgovac is coaching over there now, so he'll put in a good word, and their switching to a 3-4, Dom Capers is DC and he'll be coached by Kevin Greene, lol. It'll be like he never left!

But seriously, Kampman doesn't have the upside of Peppers, but he is consistently in the top 5 at defensive end and is great at both rushing the passer and run defense, PLUS he doesn't take plays off (poke) :eek:

just my 2 cents

Kampman plus a reasonable pick package has been discussed here before, and a lot of us agree with the idea.

Most folks agree with the player switch. It's the amount of additional compensation that's debatable.

Welcome to the huddle! Yeah the Pepeprs trade senerios are getting little stale so I'm going to help you out a little.

If the Panthers end up trading Peppers and considering that the pool of DEs in this year's draft is very thin, what if the Panthers look at trading for Aaron Kampman. Kampman doesn't seem to be happy with the switch to a 3-4 defense and also doesn't seem to fit in to the system either. Not sure what the Panthers would have to give up to get him though.

It's honestly the most SANE idea of a Peppers trade and I always thought that. Kampman plus a 1st or Kampman plus some 2nd/3rd round picks would be fine. He's a 4-3 guy and won't do well there. It's not as big of a drop off from losing Peppers and it's cheaper, and you get a guy who is proven at the position.

It's honestly the most SANE idea of a Peppers trade and I always thought that. Kampman plus a 1st or Kampman plus some 2nd/3rd round picks would be fine. He's a 4-3 guy and won't do well there. It's not as big of a drop off from losing Peppers and it's cheaper, and you get a guy who is proven at the position.

You think Peppers would garner Kampman AND a 1st? No way the Packers would even consider giving up that much.

i think kampman and a 2nd would be fine.

problem i have, though, is would peppers want to go there?

do they have a better chance to get a lombardi than we do?

could he work with trgo again if he was going to be a DE?

his position coach would be kevin greene....is that a recipe for disaster?

too many questions that would make this unlikely to happen.

No one has any belief that the Packers are on "The List" as far as I know.

Trgovac's presence there is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, he's seen enough of what Julius could do to encourage the trade. On the other, no doubt he's heard Julius' publicly stated opinion of his coaching job. And then there's the above stated question of how Peppers would feel, even though Trgo likely wouldn't be his position coach if he got his wish.

It'd be a good trade for the Panthers though, depending on the ability to bridge the gap between what we'd want and what Green Bay would be willing to give up.

And that is a tall order :sosp:

i think kampman and a 2nd would be fine.

problem i have, though, is would peppers want to go there?

do they have a better chance to get a lombardi than we do?

would he want to play for capers again?

could he work with trgo again if he was going to be a DE?

his position coach would be kevin greene....is that a recipe for disaster?

too many questions that would make this unlikely to happen.

Peppers has only worked under Fox.

At this point in the season (haha) I'd say everyone has an equal shot of winning the Lombardi, but Green Bay is one of the most storied franchises in the NFL and maybe he wants to go somewhere with a lil more history and tradition.

I'm not knocking what we have, because in our limited history we have always established ourselves as a great defensive team and have way more class than most teams and we treat players fairly IMO and I've always been proud of that, especially since I live a half hour away from Raider Nation.

Dom Capers has always been an outstanding Coordinator, and a so-so head coach just like Wade Phillips, so I think him combining with Kevin Greene to push him and motivate him would be a great match for him.

I told my Packer friend that I'd swap Kampman for Peppers anyday, but if we could get an extra pick this year or next then that'd be icing on the cake. Especially since Kampman doesn't want to be in a 3-4.

Kampman and a pick for Peppers would be outstanding. But I would be inclined to deal Peppers straight up for Kampman. That way we would have a quality DE and Peppers cap hit off the books. We can then proceed to make a few mid tier FA signings and take the BPA approach for draft time.

Archived