• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2012 NFL Playoffs Predictor

JawnyBlaze

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

It's an Insider article, so here's the part that relevant to the Panthers:

NFC REMAINING TEAMS

Philadelphia Eagles (7-9, 25.1 percent)

Washington Redskins (5-11, 19.8)

Carolina Panthers (7-9, 11.7)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-10, 10.0)

Seattle Seahawks (6-10, 7.5)

Arizona Cardinals (4-12, 4.7)

St. Louis Rams (1-15, 2.1)

Minnesota Vikings (5-11, 0.8)

The thing to take away from this is that we have a higher chance of the playoffs and better predicted final record than the Bucs :)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

It's an Insider article, so here's the part that relevant to the Panthers:

The thing to take away from this is that we have a higher chance of the playoffs and better predicted final record than the Bucs :)

We'll still be sitting at home. Pay attention to that part

I'm not sure how they came up with that one. We're not getting a wild card this year.

I'll wait until we're closer than 4 games away from the Saints counting the tie breaker, because the only way we're making the playoffs is by division champion route. Our conference record is mangled up beyond recognition and there's no salvation.

So if we win out for the rest of the season and finish 11-5 , what would happen then? I know this isn't going to happen, but I'm just curious what our playoff status would be if we went undefeated for the rest of the season.

We may or may not win the division depending on how the Saints/Falcons do but with an 11-5 record, we should definitely make it as a wild card team. But like you said its very unrealistic either way.

We get Minnesota (today), Tennessee and Indy. Tampa Bay twice, both winnable, and Atlanta here. Possible. In addition, we play Detroit the weekend before they play Green Bay 4 days later on Thanksgiving. Before us, they play Chicago. TRAP game if there ever was one. If New Orleans has clinched at season's end and we are playing scrubs, there could be an easy W there too. I am thinking Wild card, even though it could be easier to win the division.

Taking a look at the Wild Card, our primary competition is Atlanta, Philly, and Detroit. Forget the West. I do not see Dallas or Washington making a run. Philly is in a hole and Detroit has shown weakness of late, so we could shoot for Atlanta and hope for the best. If Ryan is banged up and continues to show the effects, it could happen. Long shot, but what worth having isn't?

If we win today then this thread will become very popular lol

I think we have a decent chance of getting to 4-5 by beating the Vikings, Titans, both very winnable games. If we can somehow manage to beat the lions and get to 5-5, that might really shake things up.

We get Minnesota (today), Tennessee and Indy. Tampa Bay twice, both winnable, and Atlanta here. Possible. In addition, we play Detroit the weekend before they play Green Bay 4 days later on Thanksgiving. Before us, they play Chicago. TRAP game if there ever was one. If New Orleans has clinched at season's end and we are playing scrubs, there could be an easy W there too. I am thinking Wild card, even though it could be easier to win the division.

Taking a look at the Wild Card, our primary competition is Atlanta, Philly, and Detroit. Forget the West. I do not see Dallas or Washington making a run. Philly is in a hole and Detroit has shown weakness of late, so we could shoot for Atlanta and hope for the best. If Ryan is banged up and continues to show the effects, it could happen. Long shot, but what worth having isn't?

I would actually be very scared if that happened. Considering how dirty the Saints are, I can see Peyton instructing his back-ups to just cripple a couple of our players and make it easier for them if we face them in the playoffs. They would target either Smith or Cam or both.

Archived