• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Disheartening of Sunday's Loss

twylyght

No this legitimate, i was at the game in the second row..and that whiff of a tackle made me stand up- i knew it was a horrible play. it was a complete miss....the defense is decimated, sure.. but it lacks coaching for the next guy up. And guys like gamble should make those plays, where is the veteran leadership on defense?

our guys were gassed by the 4Q, the D line was being pushed back off the line...

no sam mills in this D...no leadership, no guts...

Really, what player in his right mind tackles AP high and stands him up. You have clearly lost control of your mental facilities.

Question for you then... when doing proper tackling do you:

A) Wrap up at the waist and drive into the body?

B) Dive at the feet and grab at the shoelaces?

C) Slap at the ball when directly facing your opponent in an open field?

I hate when someone makes a bad thread and then they defend it to every poster. just admit you suck and move on.

Here's a thought.... how about you make an actual contribution, or move on?

And to every other poster in this thread, if you are a casual fan, then that's cool. If you don't know football, then don't act like you do and then act hoity toity when you are called out for your ignorance. You wanna have a civil discussion? Great. You wanna take it where you have been? Don't whine to me when you get schooled.

It wasn't a gap that Gamble should have shot through on that play. It was an open field tackle in the right flat. There was not going to be any "cavalry" coming. You should know by now that Gamble is the absolute king of the backle. He doesn't wrap up people ever. He jumps into them with his back and hopes they fall over. That being said, asking him to tackle AD in the open field one on one isn't really a good idea. When you hear coaches say that they try and put players in a position to succeed, well, putting Gamble out there to make an open field tackle on a tank is a bad idea defensively. It should have been a LB out there. Put Chris in a position to do what he is good at; shutting down #1 receivers.

It wasn't a gap that Gamble should have shot through on that play. It was an open field tackle in the right flat. There was not going to be any "cavalry" coming. You should know by now that Gamble is the absolute king of the backle. He doesn't wrap up people ever. He jumps into them with his back and hopes they fall over. That being said, asking him to tackle AD in the open field one on one isn't really a good idea. When you hear coaches say that they try and put players in a position to succeed, well, putting Gamble out there to make an open field tackle on a tank is a bad idea defensively. It should have been a LB out there. Put Chris in a position to do what he is good at; shutting down #1 receivers.

Be that as it may, it was Gamble's responsibility to slow AP down. If he had made the attempt, this thread doesn't exist. As he didn't, here we are.

Archived