• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Crappiest part about talking about the draft this year...

Ricky Spanish

why is no one talking about a corner with our 1st pick? gamble isn't gonna be a borderline good #1 for too much longer and we cant expect captain to be a #2 for his career. he may be one of the best nickel backs in the league, #2....no. (and yes, i do know what a good game he had last week). every mock draft so far has us taking a corner (claiborne from LSU most likely). and honestly, im ok with that pick

because the defensive line sucks a lot worse than the secondary.

I really doubt Trent Richardson is going top ten.

If we can't get Blackmon or Alshon, we should just go with BPA on defense. Which would be Morris Claiborne, Brandon Thompson, Dre Kirkpatrick, or Zack Brown. Leaving out Vontaze Burflict since he's a thug and DEs since we clearly don't need one. Not that there's any DEs worth taking that high besides Coples who will likely be gone.

You might want to watch alittle more game film. Richardson is a rare talent with a nice blend of power and speed. If he wins the hiesman this year look out. He is the best back to come out of the draft in years.

Too bad there is not a monster DT in this years draft. That would solidify everything but OT/OG/Jack LB/CB could all work. Or depending on how everything shakes out we could trade down and pick up some more picks for the next year.

not sure Suh was regarded as a monster by NFL fans at this point in his last season in college......

there are a lot of college players out there....

You might want to watch alittle more game film. Richardson is a rare talent with a nice blend of power and speed. If he wins the hiesman this year look out. He is the best back to come out of the draft in years.

No one is going to take a RB in the top ten anymore unless they're a once in a generation talent like AP. Richardson is not getting AP hype and Andrew Luck has had the Heisman on lockdown since the season began. This draft has too much QB, WR, and OL talent to let a RB be taken in the top ten. I mean, there were like six teams whose leading rusher was a UDFA...

I would love for the coaching staff to make a effort in improving the return game. How about we draft a guy whose sole focus is to return kicks? A real speed demon..We've got some guys with decent speed but no one on our team has elite speed. when i say elite i dont mean 4.39, i mean jacoby ford chris johnson 4.2 speed. Intresting prospect this year i'd look at in the late round would be chris rainey. World class speed who is fast enuff if a NFL career doesn't work out he could be looking at the olympic team.

No one is going to take a RB in the top ten anymore unless they're a once in a generation talent like AP. Richardson is not getting AP hype and Andrew Luck has had the Heisman on lockdown since the season began. This draft has too much QB, WR, and OL talent to let a RB be taken in the top ten. I mean, there were like six teams whose leading rusher was a UDFA...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rob Rang has Richardson going 7th right now to the seahawks. RBs still can go top ten if there special enuff. The reason being we haven't seen any really special talents come out in a few years. Richardson has been touted as being better than ingram even when he won the hiesman.

RB Trent Richardson, 5-11, 224, junior

As good as Andrew Luck has been for Stanford, no player in college football is more physically dominant than Richardson. In terms of size, speed and power, he has more natural ability than former teammate and 2009 Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram.

Archived