• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Look Into 2012

NJPanthers12

Hangartner is a back up o-lineman at best, he is not a starter. He repeatedly got beat by Suh today, and he is probably one reason why our running game has suffered this year. (Constantly have guys in the backfield as soon as our rbs touch the ball)

Instead of moving Otah to RG, trade him as soon as possible. And if no one takes him, cut him. Move Bell to RG.

I am not arguing with you or telling you your wrong. I am not mad you don't agree with my opinion. I was just asking you what you think needs to be done and what players should be kept.

Without any cap space and with the way most of the contracts are structured (huge signing bonuses) it severely limits your options to cut guys and bring in new players. The best way to bring in cheap talent is through draft picks so we're going to need an AMAZING draft to have even an outside shot at the playoffs.

Also, I think we need to cut bait with some of our guys that are severely overpaid. Travelle Wharton 8.1M cap hit next year, Thomas Davis 5.9M are obvious examples but there are numerous guys I'd want to take a straight paycut (not just restructure to push cap hits to future years) or they'd be looking for a new team. These moves would help set you up better for future seasons but specifically for 2012 not so much.

Realistically, I'd say we need 2-3 offseasons worth of good drafts and smart FA/cap moves to be a legitimate contender. And just one good draft pick a year isn't nearly enough. We'll need to hit some homeruns on a few mid-late round picks, not just solid picks but pro-bowl caliber complete steal type of picks. Along with some nice mid-tier cheapish FA pickups that end up playing extremely well ALA Carlos Rogers for $2.13M. Good luck to our FO I guess.

Without any cap space and with the way most of the contracts are structured (huge signing bonuses) it severely limits your options to cut guys and bring in new players. The best way to bring in cheap talent is through draft picks so we're going to need an AMAZING draft to have even an outside shot at the playoffs.

Also, I think we need to cut bait with some of our guys that are severely overpaid. Travelle Wharton 8.1M cap hit next year, Thomas Davis 5.9M are obvious examples but there are numerous guys I'd want to take a straight paycut (not just restructure to push cap hits to future years) or they'd be looking for a new team. These moves would help set you up better for future seasons but specifically for 2012 not so much.

Realistically, I'd say we need 2-3 offseasons worth of good drafts and smart FA/cap moves to be a legitimate contender. And just one good draft pick a year isn't nearly enough. We'll need to hit some homeruns on a few mid-late round picks, not just solid picks but pro-bowl caliber complete steal type of picks. Along with some nice mid-tier cheapish FA pickups that end up playing extremely well ALA Carlos Rogers for $2.13M. Good luck to our FO I guess.

That is what scares me. If we are really 2-3 seasons away then we can be in trouble. Steve Smith is only getting older and imagine our offense without Steve Smith. Gettis and LaFell do not have the potential to be a number 1 in my opinion. Also I don't see us being awful in that 2 or 3 years span, but average so we would not have a high pick. Where do we find that number 1 playmaker?

That is what scares me. If we are really 2-3 seasons away then we can be in trouble. Steve Smith is only getting older and imagine our offense without Steve Smith. Gettis and LaFell do not have the potential to be a number 1 in my opinion. Also I don't see us being awful in that 2 or 3 years span, but average so we would not have a high pick. Where do we find that number 1 playmaker?

Who knows but we have the potential to pick in the top 3 for the next 5 years.

Yeah, this is the other thing. Not only do we need to add significant outside talent to improve the team but at the same time we also have to replace any guys we lose.

Captain Munnerlyn

Sherrod Martin

Darius Butler

Steve Smith

Jonathan Stewart

Jason Baker

all free agents in 2013. And then if you cut/trade guys to create cap space you've got to replace them as well.

fifth to sixth round pick because of age...better off just keeping him' date=' he's still an elite receiver in the nfl....[/quote']

I think he still has at least two more elite years in him, and decent years until he retires. Today on a certain overthrown pass towards him, Smith leaped high in the air like his younger days.

Does anyone know what offers were coming in for Smitty before this season? Because surely they would increase after this year.

Archived