• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos with two number ones the next two years

Matt Foley

Actually I think the additional 3rd rounder Denver picked up could be very telling. As of right now Denver has two 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds. Minnesota last year gave up a first and 2 3rds for Allen. I think that would be enough for the Panthers. The question would still remain if Peppers would agree to sign long term with Denver; although they are still way under the cap so compared to his "four teams" Denver would probably be able to pay what he is wanting.

I don't know how much credibility I give that 4 team list anymore. Something happened along the way, I don't claim to know what, but something happened that made Pep shut up and let the big boys talk. Now hopefully, whatever negotiations they may or may not have been in, have halted or taken a slightly different approach now that there is a team with 2 1st's to play with. Can you imagine if we traded him and ended up with Larry English and Sen’derrick Marks for Peppers?!?! Now I'm dreaming, but it's late in the day and I'm bored.

What happened was that the Panthers got Gross under contract and slapped the tag on Peppers. Now Peppers doesn't get what he wants unless the Panthers sign off on it so there's not much left to talk about, his agent just has to get out there and find an offer sheet the Panthers will accept.

Actually I think the additional 3rd rounder Denver picked up could be very telling. As of right now Denver has two 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds. Minnesota last year gave up a first and 2 3rds for Allen. I think that would be enough for the Panthers. The question would still remain if Peppers would agree to sign long term with Denver; although they are still way under the cap so compared to his "four teams" Denver would probably be able to pay what he is wanting.

my only question would be how high the broncos are on orton and simms? they may be looking to try to get a QB with that first.

They will trade the first rounders...for a better first rounder...and get Stafford or Sanchez.

If McDaniels is anything like Belechick, he believes that it is the system, not the players, that creats a winning franchise. The Broncos wanting Orton tells me he is the QB they want and I doubt they draft one very high in the draft.

"I heard that the Panthers wanted 4 first rounders over two years for Peppers, and now the Broncos have that. Coincidence? Nope."

I don't think we're going to get 2 number ones for Pep, much less anything else. I wouldn't give that much up for him. He has a questionable work ethic and other tendencies that makes him a real risk. I hope we get a lot for him, but I'm just being a realist here. I do hope I'm proved wrong.

I didn't say two 1st's. I said the latter of their two 1st's (their 18th overall, from CHI) and a 2nd (their 48th overall).

That's actually very close to the value KC got for Allen in the trade value chart, which seems to be the benchmark for moving a top quality DE.

As a point of interest, New England's 1st (#23) and first 2nd (#34) also would be about equal value, as would a deal for all three of NE's second round picks.

They can sign him outright and their first rounders will be given to us.

Correct. He only has to sign his tender to facilitate a trade.

A franchised player is still a free agent, so he is allowed to negotiate with other teams and sign a deal, after which the recommended compensation is given or alternate compensation can be worked out.

The thing is we all know pepper agent has no brains to speak of. Peppers is 29 and not getting any younger. Peppers is also at the very top of his prime in football at this momet. Peppers will go down hill from here in the next few years. Peppers really need to sign his tender so the panthers can get something for him.Peppers is just hurting himself and his carreer by just sitting out and setting on his lazy tail. What I don't understand is peppers wants out of carolina but yet peppers has not made the move to sign the one deal so the panthers can trade him. I think it's getting to the point peppers is been a totally overrated over payed baby. I know for the fact panthers are willing to trade him if he would sign. But the fact he does not sign so he can be traded so panthers and him can move on with life is getting dumber by the min. Peppers is just going to be another TO wannabe who is going to make the team look bad.If this saga continue throughout the offseason the the panthers will be distracted for the rest of the season. I know like most of us want pepper gone. But the fact is peppers is a joke. I wheather see panther just take the franchise off of peppers not get nothing for him and have 17 milllion in cap room. Because all this pepper not saying crap is getting old and annoying.

Correct. He only has to sign his tender to facilitate a trade.

A franchised player is still a free agent, so he is allowed to negotiate with other teams and sign a deal, after which the recommended compensation is given or alternate compensation can be worked out.

Now, our luck would be that someone signs him to an offer, thus giving us a chance at two first rounders... then our FO matches the offer.

Now wouldn't that just suck? :lol:

Archived