• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud mentioned as possible HC replacement in Jax

JawnyBlaze

You think that a new owner with tons of money will go for an OC with no head coaching experience at any level instead of a proven guy with lots of prior experience.

Really my point is that the new ownership in Jax will probably pay whoever he identifies as his man Harbaugh money to get it done. That and the current Jax situation will probably soon change for the better.

I think it unlikely however personally Chud would be his guy.

With San Diego and Jax probably making big moves this offseason among others the kind of money and power that would bring Cowher back to the sidelines might be thrown on the table.

Chud isn't the guy who is going to put butts in seats. I believe the Bolts are currently 5500 seats short of avoiding a black out. poo's gonna hit the fan soon in SD.

I stand by my opinion that his leaving would catastrophic

I still don't see it happening, especially not to Jacksonville. The last time they picked a one-year Panther coordinator as their new head coach, it didn't go so well.

I think Chudzinski is still here next season, but if not, then yes the obvious speculative choice would be Norv Turner since Rivera has loads of admiration for him. The question is how comfortable the two would be in reversed roles.

If not Turner himself, maybe someone from his staff (Charlie Joiner, Clarence Shelmon or John Ramsdell perhaps) or promote Shula and backfill the QB coach spot with Ramsdell. I'd kinda rather keep Shula where he is, though.

Regardless, I think the whole thing is moot because I think Chud will still be here.

i think with the quick success of jim harbaugh in san fran that people will be less adverse to hiring a guy up out of the college ranks. it's a copy cat league, after all. that could very well be the next hot trend for a year or two.

Very possible. You know how this league works.

Lord knows there's still a boatload of retreads out there. Heck, Andy Reid could conceivably be looking for a job this offseason. Gotta believe he'd get a call before Chudzinski.

I still don't see it happening, especially not to Jacksonville. The last time they picked a one-year Panther coordinator as their new head coach, it didn't go so well.

Also, Kahn's going to want to make a splash. I would look for a higher profile signing than Chud.

I think Chudzinski is still here next season, but if not, then yes the obvious speculative choice would be Norv Turner since Rivera has loads of admiration for him. The question is how comfortable the two would be in reversed roles.

I think any good play caller would love to work with our offense. Turner in particular would be a great fit, and could probably help Stewart emerge as a league superstar.

I don't think Chudz would leave even if he was offered.

Its wouldn't be right and it would probably send out a bad message around the league FO community.

I think there's a certain expectation of loyalty to the a team that hires a coach.

The same mantra applies in business, if gives you an opportunity through advancement there is a certain expectation for loyalty that imo extends beyond 1 season.

He owes it to coach Ron he owes it Cam he owes it to Richardson.

At the very least he should stay long enough to train a replacement that can sustain his blueprint or vision for the offense.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that no matter what job offer pops up he won't take it this year and more then that teams will have the courtesy not to approach him about it.

What makes people so sure Chud is HC material?

Being a good coordinator (esp an offensive coordinator) does not make you a good HC (see Norv).

that's a head scratcher for me as well.

quick success makes them a hot commodity, i guess, regardless of other qualifications.

he was the assistant head coach in san diego, though.

I will name a few offensive guys.

Offensive Guys

Turner in San Diego

Payton in NO

Shanahan in Denver

Harbaugh in SF

Mike McCarthy- Green Bay

Garrett in Dallas

Chan Gailey- Buffalo

Harbaugh- Baltimore

Pete Carroll-Seattle

Fill in the rest for offensive and defense.

Shanahan in Denver? You're about ten years too late...

Also, the Harbaugh in Baltimore isn't an offensive guy... He was a Special Teams Coordinator.

As far as offensive guys who are head coaches that you missed, Gary Kubiak, Ken Whisenhunt, Hue Jackson, and Tony Sparano.

Archived