• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFLN Proclaims Newton The Greatest Rookie Ever

bauss

I guess you didn't get the memo...Luck is the "best" rookie QB to come out of college in a very long time. He doesn't have to prove himself like Cam had too. So he's not on Cam's level.

I don't think ANYONE is saying Luck is the best rookie QB ever, they're talking about the fact he's a prospect. Luck is not the best rookie QB to ever come out, he is one of the best college prospects to go to the pros, VERY big difference.

I don't think ANYONE is saying Luck is the best rookie QB ever, they're talking about the fact he's a prospect. Luck is not the best rookie QB to ever come out, he is one of the best college prospects to go to the pros, VERY big difference.

I know what you are saying MAV. But I don't know how many times I have heard on talk radio and elsewhere that he is the slam dunk, best prospect, going to be the best QB over the next 10 years, etc.

Part of my problem is I listen to talk radio in the first place :cool:

I like Luck a lot as a prospect also, but I think his legend has outgrown him.

I know what you are saying MAV. But I don't know how many times I have heard on talk radio and elsewhere that he is the slam dunk, best prospect, going to be the best QB over the next 10 years, etc.

Part of my problem is I listen to talk radio in the first place :cool:

I like Luck a lot as a prospect also, but I think his legend has outgrown him.

Okay, but talk radio is not a reliable source for anything at all... everybody knows that. Even on talk radio I think most of those crazies will say that "he has to prove it, and he will," not "why bother just put him in the HOF before he plays at all."

I think that he will have a hard time living up to his own hype, but that's purely the point of it all - he has hype as a prospect, he hasn't proven anything yet.

Also of course he'll be measured against Cam a bit, but it's not like people will think he's a failure if he just has a good rookie season instead of Cam's.

Hidden

Some of you who are saying the Colts can draft Luck and let him sit, seem to be forgetting that Luck has some power about that. Luck could demand a trade. And if the Colts are picking first, I hope he does.

And the Colts could tell him he plays, or he sits out a year. With Peyton Manning as a quarterback, they don't have to be in a hurry to sign him.

Really??? Spinning is nothing more than a play on words...

And what makes him better than the other QBs coming out of college who are in next years draft? Playing down his flaws while playing up everyone elses.

Yeah, we really see how that's working out with the Jags.

Okay, but talk radio is not a reliable source for anything at all... everybody knows that. Even on talk radio I think most of those crazies will say that "he has to prove it, and he will," not "why bother just put him in the HOF before he plays at all."

I think that he will have a hard time living up to his own hype, but that's purely the point of it all - he has hype as a prospect, he hasn't proven anything yet.

Also of course he'll be measured against Cam a bit, but it's not like people will think he's a failure if he just has a good rookie season instead of Cam's.

I've heard and read every Luck hype from those on ESPN and NFLN and PFT, a site backed by NBC Sports.

he is but i still think marino is the best rookie qb in skill and mechanics. but overall cam is probably the best rookie of all time. i believe he could have had about 12 wins this year but he is young and had no offseason. next year he will go to the playoffs and maybe to the superbowl.

A great accomplishment for sure. Not the accolade given in the clip but the season that backs it up. He is tough, smart, hard-working, and humble. He has a bright future. Season's like this prove the importance of the QB. The walls literally crumbled around Cam and Double Trouble all season considering the injuries. Talent and creativity can go a long way to overcome that, but only if you have one other key cog in the works. Coaching.

Without Chud's ability to adapt, create, teach, and overcome we are not as potent offensively.

Without Rivera's trust of a player, even a rookie, and of a coach, another rookie, we spin our wheels, break two pro bowl tier running backs and win two games.

It takes a truly great athlete to do what Cam does. It also takes some open-minded coaches and staff to nurture it along without exposing or restricting it.

For the first time in a very long time and can look at the future of the franchise and be truly happy about the direction.

Where has trd and grits been?

Well i for one have been enjoying the holidays. Am also pretty excited about Dalton and the possibility of him making the playoffs in his rookie season. But even if he doesn't it pretty amazing of him just to be in this situation considering the Bengals make up at the beginning of the season. Rookie quarterback, rookie wideout, 2nd year wideouts and tightends, brand new OC and a very short off season to prepare. This Kid has been flat out amazing and if he beat the Ravens and makes the playoffs it should be one of the most talked about stories of the 2011 season. Along with The Golden Calf of Bristol leading his team to the playoffs, if it happens.

Anyways, good luck to Cam next season. I really hope the Panthers do well. I've been following them for along time now and its kind of heartbreaking to see them in this situation years after year.

Well i for one have been enjoying the holidays. Am also pretty excited about Dalton and the possibility of him making the playoffs in his rookie season. But even if he doesn't it pretty amazing of him just to be in this situation considering the Bengals make up at the beginning of the season. Rookie quarterback, rookie wideout, 2nd year wideouts and tightends, brand new OC and a very short off season to prepare. This Kid has been flat out amazing and if he beat the Ravens and makes the playoffs it should be one of the most talked about stories of the 2011 season. Along with The Golden Calf of Bristol leading his team to the playoffs, if it happens.

Anyways, good luck to Cam next season. I really hope the Panthers do well. I've been following them for along time now and its kind of heartbreaking to see them in this situation years after year.

Yah, never seen a rookie QBs team have success on the backs of a great D and running the ball.......oh wait, you see that a good bit in today's NFL. Alton's game is pretty much checkdown and lob for Green. Green has been more impressive than Dalton.......that is if you watch the Bengals.

Carolina has never been in this situation......rather be Carolina than Cincy or Denver when looking where the 3 have the potential to go in the next few seasons.

Archived