• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers uniforms won't change in 2012

Car123

Considering Nike is now doing the uniforms, no way they keep the same style that Reebok used. There will be some alterations. It might not be radically different but there will some noticeable changes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Nike-Kerry-Collins-jersey-Carolina-Panthers-size-44-/110791850307?pt=US_Mens_Athleticwear&hash=item19cbb57943

there, you can buy a Nike Panthers jersey

interesting article i read in a south florida paper. seems that nike is/has been wanting to be more aggressive in design/jersey changes than the NFL is saying...

Nike brand president Charlie Denson fueled that expectation soon after the five-year deal with the NFL was announced in late 2010, saying, "We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs."

An NFL spokesman downplayed that notion last week and pointed out that teams and the league determine their logos and distinctive markings, not Nike.

"We anticipate new uniform technology (i.e., performance-driven, lighter materials). That's what Nike's [Charlie] Denson was referring to in his interview in 2010 regarding changes," Brian McCarthy, the NFL's director of communications, told NBC's ProFootballTalk.

Reached for clarification, McCarthy declined comment on whether the players will have a significantly different appearance in Nike uniforms or to reveal notable changes in the works.

The Dolphins are not planning changes to their logo or uniforms for 2012, team President Mike Dee said. He said teams have been instructed to not disclose specifics of the Nike gear until after the Super Bowl, the last NFL game in Reebok attire.

Still, players are hearing rumors. Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith tweeted: "So I hear we got new uniforms???" STOP IT!!!!" And later, in response to teammate Vontae Davis, added: "Lol fareal tho, I talked to Joe... They gone be a lil different."

Nike continues to stoke anticipation with a promotional video, "Nike Football Epic Transformation" narrated by Michael Irvin, who says dramatically, "Friday nights and Saturday afternoons don't lie, change is good. And we're bringing all the change we've got to Sundays."

Sunday's Pro Bowl provided a teaser to the future with players wearing Nike's fashionably cool Vapor Jet gloves and colorful cleats.

The NFL's Nike jerseys will be unveiled in April; the draft may be the coming-out party.

The conservative nature of the NFL suggests the change will not be revolutionary. Nike clearly wants to put its stamp on the look of the league, as it has on college football in recent years.

"We're going to be aggressive," Denson said in a CNBC interview last summer. "Some teams are willing to go further than others."

more

one interesting i saw in the article that i know is going to get someone making more cam newton jersey threads...

There has also been speculation that players may be more inclined to change numbers for 2012 once they no longer have to reimburse Reebok for unsold jersey inventory. Vikings running back Adrian Peterson said on Twitter that he would like to switch from No. 28 to 21 or 23.
:eek: i didn't realize that they had to do that.

Expect a similar theme, but an edgier look to our uniforms. Not as much silver I bet, since they'll probably focus on the teal and the black more than anything, but I expect a claw mark somewhere. This based on the lettering changes.

why? Why? WHY? would we go to Jacksonville colors?

The blue is the same, Pantone Process Blue C. The only thing I can think of is an issue with rendering or pebkac.

Thanks. I must be seeing stuff then, cause it looks different even on the site. It looks like the site has a new color for the borders and such and if you compare the colors from the old lettering to the new, it looks like the color changed.

120129_refined_inside.gif

778051.jpg

Carolina-Panthers-Logo.gif

Compared with the blue in this logo you'll see some images aren't color-correct and another thing I forgot to mention, Pantone colors do not always represent well in made-for-web jpegs because they are forced into a different color system. Causes all sorts of issues.

Archived