• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter on Peppers.

Jai.

I agree the Bronco's have huge needs along the D-Line in order to transition to the 34 defense, but do not underestimate McDaniel stubborness. He wants to groom a QB, and he is going to draft his QB. Orton is merely a pawn, he is not the future. McDaniels got a 1st round pick for Cutler, and he intends to draft a QB with that pick, and I can tell you, it won't be Freeman.

McDaniels was solely responsible from beginning to end for coaching Cassel. He was his QB coach and OC from day 1 of Cassel's NFL career. If anything, he knows you DO NOT need a 1st round QB to succeed if you have good players around him. That's what Orton has now that he didn't in Chi. McDaniels also knows first hand that even when you have the best QB and best offense in the league, if you have a below average defense, you are not winning a SB.

I am not saying he won't want to develop his own guy down the road, but I think he does know that's not very important right now.

Doc,

I think that's Glazer actually (probably dates back to Fox's NYG days judging by Glazer's friendship with Strahan). I can't remember the tidbit he knew though I do remember that situation happening.

ok, I knew there was someone out there I just didn't know who it was.

They just posted that draft interview on profootballtalk.com, saying Carolina is confident he will be back. Old news, but what I found interesting is that based on the comment below the article, I think I found out carolinarolls real name.

Jeremiah W says:

April 17th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Blah, blah, blah, please do not hold out so we can trade you before the draft.

I would be suprised if they even hear from him again until he shows up with an offersheet from another team right before the trade deadline.

They should want more than the 2 1st round picks they would get for losing him, but because they can match, and would, they most likley are going to have to play a long game of chicken.

Peppers can wait until after week 6 to show up and still get 10 mil for the last 10 weeks of the year, before going through the same dance next year with even more money on the table for 2/3 of a season.

It really seems unfair that a players “contract” can be torn up anytime for any reason, yet a guy like Peppers can not get out of town even after 7 years and no signed “contract” keeping him there.

Holy ish...that is a crackheaded mofo there...Pep is worth MORE than 2 1st rounders??? ehheehheheheheheheheheheheehhahahahahahhahahahhahah. ROFL!!!!!!

The people that post comments at PFT are even worse than the guys that write the shitty articles there. It's amazing.

The people that post comments at PFT are even worse than the guys that write the pooty articles there. It's amazing.

You can apply that statement to just about anyone who comments on articles, be it ESPN, Fox, Charlotte Observer, etc.

The Bronco's could go Tyson JAckson @ 12 then trade for Pepps @ 18 and take Brace in the 2nd. Thats a friggin solid day right there.

This could definately transform their D.

If McDaniels is wanting to make a name as a QB inventor, then he might go later rounds to get more credit from himself rather than taking one in the first.

You can apply that statement to just about anyone who comments on articles, be it ESPN, Fox, Charlotte Observer, etc.

I know, sometimes when I need to laugh (or be sad at the amount of pissing in the gene pool) I read those.

This could definately transform their D.

If McDaniels is wanting to make a name as a QB inventor, then he might go later rounds to get more credit from himself rather than taking one in the first.

I know people think McDaniels has some huge ego (probably due to the bad way he handled the Cutler thing with the media, he sounded insincere with a lot of his comments because of his tone and expressions), and he might, but I don't think he would do that just to make himself look better or more of a QB maker. Regardless of where a QB is taken, he still needs coaching up and to be brought along by a good OC to maximize his talents. I think it's more a case of the things he values in a QB can be found in later round guys. Again, I am not trying to say he won't ever take one in the first round, just that I think it would be monumentally stupid and unneccesary for him to do so this year.

McDaniels was solely responsible from beginning to end for coaching Cassel. He was his QB coach and OC from day 1 of Cassel's NFL career. If anything, he knows you DO NOT need a 1st round QB to succeed if you have good players around him. That's what Orton has now that he didn't in Chi. McDaniels also knows first hand that even when you have the best QB and best offense in the league, if you have a below average defense, you are not winning a SB.

I am not saying he won't want to develop his own guy down the road, but I think he does know that's not very important right now.

Looks like my source was correct, Fireball. The Broncos indeed, are looking into moving up for Sanchez. They are at least entertaining the thought. Evidentely, he doesn't know anything we think he should know.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/17/broncos-will-bring-in-sanchez-for-workout/

Looks like my source was correct, Fireball. The Broncos indeed, are looking into moving up for Sanchez. They are at least entertaining the thought. Evidentely, he doesn't know anything we think he should know.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/17/broncos-will-bring-in-sanchez-for-workout/

i dont think them working him out means anything...we worked out freeman..i just think they are saying if he falls to us..we may or may not take him.

Holy ish...that is a crackheaded mofo there...Pep is worth MORE than 2 1st rounders??? ehheehheheheheheheheheheheehhahahahahahhahahahhahah. ROFL!!!!!!

I hope we can find a GM out there who's as high. If someone offered me just 1 1st (before the draft) I'd ****** there arm off

i dont think them working him out means anything...we worked out freeman..i just think they are saying if he falls to us..we may or may not take him.

At what point, am I right? I posted this theory of the Broncos liking Sanchez and possibly moving up, before any of the media got it.

Broncos | Could move up in NFL Draft

Comment (0)

Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:59:34 -0700

Steve Wyche, of NFL.com, reports the Denver Broncos, who own the No. 12 and No. 18 overall picks in the NFL Draft, could use one of those picks to move up into the front end of the draft to select Southern California QB Mark Sanchez. The Broncos are putting Sanchez through a private workout Tuesday, April 21.

Archived