• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Controversy Brewing?

Nicbsbll2

Maybe we can get a super bowl someday

That's exactly the first thing that came to my mind. With New York getting the Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium there have been talks that several teams are interested in getting a Super Bowl that in the past was thought to be automatically disqualified. It was reported Seatle is already in the process of putting together a preposal and other teams will follow.

I don't live in Charlotte but if I did and these renovations were to help get Charlotte a Super Bowl then it would be well worth it financially for local businesses and the taxes coming in.

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Archived