• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

0% Financing

Carolina Husker

so where'd you get it that you were able to finance it?

I knock on wood every summer that our a/c doesn't go out..and every year it breaks...$80 here...$130 there...I'm scared that her big death is right around the corner....it was put in around 1995.....

On Zcustom's suggestion I brought Horne Heating and Air in for an estimate and they gave us the best quote/service.

I only needed to replace the AC, but thanks to the special financing, I went ahead and invested in a new heating system as well and boosted the efficiency of the entire system. (turned out to be a good thing, they found out when replacing the furnace that it was originally wired wrong and should have caught on fire years ago.)

I might use 1.7% to buy a used car. Haven't decided on 6-7 year deal though. I looked at the depreciation over time and would never be upside down in the vehicle and the monthly payments are stupid....i mean really stupid

dude do not finance a used car for 7 years. Even at that extremely low rate that would be dumb. If the payments are stupid low for your budget then go as short term as you comfortably can.

little known credit issue concerning 3rd parties. even though you get the 0% be aware of who the underwriter or how they classify who is loaning you the money.

meaning, lets say you get a loan and 0 but its not technically the comp you are buying from and the comp they gave you credit is categorized as a finance comp, this, could LOWER your credit score. its kinda rare but can happen.

If you don't pay it off before the end of the "free" period, then you are hit with all the back interest! :eek:

Usually the interest is 19%=25%!!!

Also doing this will lower your credit score across the board. Way worse than if you have a loan outstanding. (That's the first thing they tell you in real estate school.) Companies that offer 0% financing don't report anything to the credit companies, just that you have an outstanding loan. This raises a red flag to underwriters. Until you either don't pay if off in the amounted time or you do pay it off in the amounted time.

I used to tell all my clients NEVER go out and buy a bunch of furniture or anything else on 0% interest for.... It will usually drop your credit score by 10++ points easily. If could mean getting a home loan and not getting a home loan.

If you don't pay it off before the end of the "free" period, then you are hit with all the back interest! :eek:

Usually the interest is 19%=25%!!!

Also doing this will lower your credit score across the board. Way worse than if you have a loan outstanding. (That's the first thing they tell you in real estate school.) Companies that offer 0% financing don't report anything to the credit companies, just that you have an outstanding loan. This raises a red flag to underwriters. Until you either don't pay if off in the amounted time or you do pay it off in the amounted time.

I used to tell all my clients NEVER go out and buy a bunch of furniture or anything else on 0% interest for.... It will usually drop your credit score by 10++ points easily. If could mean getting a home loan and not getting a home loan.

My loan has already gone through underwriting and been approved in full, but I have not yet closed. I need to buy a fridge and a washer/dryer for my house...am I safe to at this point or I do need to wait until I close?

Archived