• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock hits all the Huddle sore spots; Luck vs. Newton, AJ, and Coples

teeray

One year, one year, one year

that is why

Holy poo... really?

So a three year track record is not really that... its a series of one-year track records?

He hasn't worked his ass off for THREE YEARS IN A ROW?

To you, he's only worked his ass off for ONE year? Just three separate times? That's is some of the dumbest ish I've read in quite some time.

Wow.

i hate it that the race card is thrown out so freely.

you don't agree with what someone says about a black guy. he's gotta be a racist. :confused: weak and lazy.

You're right. He isn't a racist..He's just perpetuating that Eurocentric mindset that has existed for thousands of years about blacks. You know the one...blacks are "weak and lazy" and are built like animals to work for...Nope, no racism there at all.

You know what they say about ignoring history...If you do, you're bound to repeat it. Damn sure don't want that happening.

You're right. He isn't a racist..He's just perpetuating that Eurocentric mindset that has existed for thousands of years about blacks. You know the one...blacks are "weak and lazy" and are built like animals to work for...Nope, no racism there at all.

I wonder, with the entertainer/icon comment, if Mayock thought Cam was "uppity"?

You can defend Macock's comments all you want....

we all know if it was Dalton or Gabbert or any white QB that had the same year as Cam, NO ONE would be questioning their work ethic. I'm not saying Mayock is a prejudice person himself, I doubt he is. BUT IMO IT IS AN UNCONSICOUS STEREOTYPE THAT IS INGRAINED IN HIS LITTLE BRAIN THAT BLACK PEOPLE CAN TEND TO BE LAZY, AND THAT IS WHY HE SAID THAT ISH!

If you can't understand that, you probably lack critical thinking skills and you are more than likely a republican.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDn6V5sz6tSUqjinqYFfEKji-60T_YEXMDwqcKYPF006aZf-MI

Mayock questioning Cam's work ethic is just coded language for "laziness". A Jim Crow Era stereotype created by blue collar whites to make newly freed slaves they had to compete for jobs with seem undesirable during American reconstruction. And here is Mayock falling back on his roots to portray one proven QB as less desirable than an unproven one 100 years later. I also love the free pass Luck continues to get for the sake of there being a "hope" he can restore order to the QB position. Nobody can tell you what this kid has proven or done to be painted as a sure thing except be the son of a scrub QB. Mike Mayock is racially biased towards white QBs to the point he'll slight and demonize a black one. Its nothing new.

Holy poo... really?

So a three year track record is not really that... its a series of one-year track records?

He hasn't worked his ass off for THREE YEARS IN A ROW?

To you, he's only worked his ass off for ONE year? Just three separate times? That's is some of the dumbest ish I've read in quite some time.

Wow.

Get your panties out of a wad and think for a moment. It is kinda like reviewing a resume from a prospective employee who has bounced around from one job to the next. You might pause a bit even though they look to be able to do a great job. Still might make you question why they have not stuck at one spot for a good amount of time.

This is what Kiper Mayock and others do. Off field concerns and stuff do go into their thinking, especially for first rounders, and certainly for the overall number one pick in the draft.

Get your panties out of a wad and think for a moment. It is kinda like reviewing a resume from a prospective employee who has bounced around from one job to the next. You might pause a bit even though they look to be able to do a great job. Still might make you question why they have not stuck at one spot for a good amount of time.

This is what Kiper Mayock and others do. Off field concerns and stuff do go into their thinking, especially for first rounders, and certainly for the overall number one pick in the draft.

What "off-field concerns and stuff" or anything else for that matter has Cam done to warrant such a criticism?

What "off-field concerns and stuff" or anything else for that matter has Cam done to warrant such a criticism?

And what about now in 2012... That's the unnerving part.

People are confusing analysis from last year and this year. We are talking about this year.

I wonder, with the entertainer/icon comment, if Mayock thought Cam was "uppity"?

No..that was used as reason for "concern." Because you know...it showed Cam wasn't "focused" on being the best QB. And there layed the groundwork for "concerns" over his work ethics and leadership.

I guess Aaron Rodgers must be a bit of a slacker in the QB department because he, not only is a full-time QB but is also a manager for a music group.

I am hereby calling into question Mike Mayock's work ethic.

With some terrible calls in his past, can Mayock continue to beat the curve with good calls like Von Miller, or will the NFL talent figure him out and force him into bad calls like Clausen?

Hmm, I just don't know, I don't think the work ethic is there with him.

when a player in college is the best athlete on the field.......it often is hard to tell if it is raw talent dominating or a product of that and someone doing all the right things.

Coming out, with as little info as there was on Cam......it is easy to see how some could wonder exactly how hard of a worker he was. Guys can dominate in college on talent alone.

What he did as rookie this year proves what kind of a worker he is and was in college. But before his NFL career, it is reasonable to ask that question.

No..that was used as reason for "concern." Because you know...it showed Cam wasn't "focused" on being the best QB. And there layed the groundwork for "concerns" over his work ethics and leadership.

I guess Aaron Rodgers must be a bit of a slacker in the QB department because he, not only is a full-time QB but is also a manager for a music group.

Will Aaron Rodgers stay ahead of the curve? Teams started to figure him out at the end of last year. He is going to have to increase his work ethic to level 8 if he wants to be successful.

when a player in college is the best athlete on the field.......it often is hard to tell if it is raw talent dominating or a product of that and someone doing all the right things.

Coming out, with as little info as there was on Cam......it is easy to see how some could wonder exactly how hard of a worker he was. Guys can dominate in college on talent alone.

What he did as rookie this year proves what kind of a worker he is and was in college. But before his NFL career, it is reasonable to ask that question.

so why the questions now?

Archived