• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Wallace?

Catalyst

And where did our passing offense rank in turnovers per pass attempt.........it wasn't good? We were much improved from a year ago in terms of positive production......but our passing game isn't good yet.

don't want to argue but.......another WR isn't going to help our TO issues.

our passing game isn't good yet??????????? :eek:

Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?

Say it with me. Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop?

Can we please let our WR develop?

Everytime a FA WR comes into focus. Before you make a thread. Think this Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?

Carolina was ranked 13th in passing yards per game. That in reality, put us pretty close to the middle of the pack.

40% of Cam's yardage was RBs and TEs.

Not saying we need Wallace......but the passing attack was good for a rookie. It ain't good yet.

I'm not so sure. About half way through the season, Chud realized we had a run game. And the threat of the pass was more effective than having to actually pass. I will take 13th every year if we run it like we did most of the season. Being 1st in ypg doesn't mean much if you can't run on 3rd or 4th and 1.

don't want to argue but.......another WR isn't going to help our TO issues.

our passing game isn't good yet??????????? :eek:

Offense is pretty good.

I guess it depends on your definition of what a good passing offense is......Bad, average, or good?...I think you would have to say overall it leaned toward average.

We don't have a a top 10 caliber passing attack. It is wildly inconsistent. A better WR that can make up for some less than perfect throws wont hurt. Also a better WR than Legadu would have made more plays on that role IMO.....often he was not really helping out his rookie QB.

IMO, i love a more balanced attack on offense, with our running game picking up speed, mixed in with the passing game, our offense is lethal.

Def on the other hand, terrible last year. To give up a 1st around pick, and to have to cut guys already on the team, that have potential, when we don't have enough depth right now, would be stupid.

I'm not so sure. About half way through the season, Chud realized we had a run game. And the threat of the pass was more effective than having to actually pass. I will take 13th every year if we run it like we did most of the season. Being 1st in ypg doesn't mean much if you can't run on 3rd or 4th and 1.

We were 13th in yardage...I think that suggests it was better than it was. Looking at points and turnovers I think made it more

average.

But as you said, having a good overall offense is

most important. I was just pointing out I think there is room to

improve in the passing area.....time to tinker there just isn't now

Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?

Say it with me. Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop? Can we please let our WR develop?

Can we please let our WR develop?

Everytime a FA WR comes into focus. Before you make a thread. Think this Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?Can we please let our WR develop?

We have two 3rd year WRs. Not saying we should get Wallace, but how much longer should let them develop if they don't impress greatly next year?

I'd love Wallace, but he'll be way too much. We do need to be looking

for a new number 1 soon, Smith will be 33 and is in the last year of his contract. No guarantee he'll be back after next season or if he'll play as well as he has in the past or if he'll be healthy all year (he is kind of injury prone), and we don't know how well our WRs will play without Smitty.

We may have our starter for years to come on our roster already, but that's unknown. To say we're set at WR and just completely dismiss it is silly and foolish.

We won't get into a bidding war for a player at a position that isn't critical. We spent a ton for Johnson but he was considered the best player available and was considered critical to our defense. Williams is a stud but so is Smith. He is a luxury we can't afford right now. In a few years who knows.

There are a number of teams with tons of cap space which will run the price up for Williams. We won't be one of them.

We have two 3rd year WRs. Not saying we should get Wallace, but how much longer should let them develop if they don't impress greatly next year?

I'd love Wallace, but he'll be way too much. We do need to be looking

for a new number 1 soon, Smith will be 33 and is in the last year of his contract. No guarantee he'll be back after next season or if he'll play as well as he has in the past or if he'll be healthy all year (he is kind of injury prone), and we don't know how well our WRs will play without Smitty.

We may have our starter for years to come on our roster already, but that's unknown. To say we're set at WR and just completely dismiss it is silly and foolish.

We have 1 3 year wr Gettis didn't play 1 down this year. Still it takes most WR 3 years to reach their potential.

• 1 month later...

Archived