• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How bad can Goodell punish Saints?

pdandy1994

Was it really that big a deal? I know most people here hate the Saints but if it was say Seattle would you even care?
I'd be less interested, but it's pretty easy to see that it's a big deal. I don't doubt that players organize some sort of informal "bounty" system that rewards big plays, or hits, whatever. For coaches to administer it, provide money for it, and refuse to end it when management steps in is a totally different thing. Add Williams' M.O. as a dirty coach and you get this. They flew it in the face of the NFL, refused to stop it and left a trail. The stupidity level is just as shocking as the arrogance. They basically made their own bed here.

I suspect Goodell will do what he considers "making an example of them".

Whether his idea of what constitutes 'an example' meshes with ours is a big question.

Schefter keeps saying "worst penalty ever" but who knows what that actually means?

It's all just speculation right now.

The "Worst Penalty Ever" in the NFL is not going to be much of a penalty. Unless they can take away some of there cap space with fines and take away more then one 1st round pick its not much of a punishment. Lets face it most team fines are little more than a slap on the wrist. Fining them millions of dollars when they made twice that winning a SB is almost irreverent.

The "Worst Penalty Ever" in the NFL is not going to be much of a penalty. Unless they can take away some of there cap space with fines and take away more then one 1st round pick its not much of a punishment. Lets face it most team fines are little more than a slap on the wrist. Fining them millions of dollars when they made twice that winning a SB is almost irreverent.

Pats lost a first rounder for Spygate.

If it is to be the "worst penalty ever" it'd have to include more than that.

Archived