• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want a DT in the draft,read this and then tell me why you do

panther4life

We had 2 rookie DTs playing together... NO poo is was going to be bad. Especially with the shortened offseason. While I am in no way saying that we are absolutely set at DT, let's give McClain/Fua a chance to play with a DT (Ron Edwards) who actually knows what he is doing, and see how they perform...

That being said Munnerlyn was absolutely horrible. CB (and even Safety) are clearly the biggest need in the offseason

Oh, and maybe we were so bad up the middle because we were missing a guy named JON BEASON

the titans had a 3rd round rookie DT, an UDFA DT, and rookie MLB. they seem to do decent as well.

You still need top DT's to compete, its a DT rich draft, if you get one in the first 3 rounds you likely get a starter. I also think there are DT in this draft that can push the line backwards and you win with good defense not good Corner play, it's a complete package, DT is like OG it's not sexy but if he is BPA take him...

Just heard they're bringing in Joe Adams, the PR/WR from Arkansas on the 14-15th! Dre Kirkpatrick said that was his hardest cover all year.

Looks like we may be headed in the right direction.

He showed good speed for a linebacker, not so much for a small receiver whho relies on speed as his main weapon. (4.55) If he drops to the fourth round (where is where he is projected) he would be worth drafting. I would like him more as a returner than a receiver. He did return 4 punts for Tds and had a good senior bowl.

One I think Hogan takes the #2 CB spot. Hopefully he will be our steal of the 2011 draft. Two, not many DTs come into the league and dominate. Edwards will be back, McClain and Fua will have a year under their belts. It all depends on whether we believe they will continue to grow.

You could argue all day and night about DT, DE, OT, CB or Safety and have valid arguments on what our priority should be. I have said BPA of those 5 positions. AT #9 I think there isn't a safety that high, I am not sold one Coples (and I am a Heels fan) Kalil and Reiff will probably be gone. Which leaves CB or DT. Kilpatrick and Jenkins both have off the field issues. As much as I like our young defensive tackles. I think Poe or Brockers will be our choice. Mostly because they will be BPA of our top needs. I think Poe would be our best bet.

Tape or no Tape. This guy came to the Combine ready to improve is status and he did just that. I am sure he didn't have the help that Brockers had at LSU.

While the OP made some good points I still think DT is our BPA.

He showed good speed for a linebacker, not so much for a small receiver whho relies on speed as his main weapon. (4.55) If he drops to the fourth round (where is where he is projected) he would be worth drafting. I would like him more as a returner than a receiver. He did return 4 punts for Tds and had a good senior bowl.

I like the fact that they're looking at players suited for special teams. I watched a couple of his games and when it came to moving around in traffic, field vision he was lethal. Sometimes people get caught up in straight line speed but elusiveness is what makes a good PR and this guy has it.

I actually think someone in the organization finally gets it. I love their shopping list so far. More to come

Archived