• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We don't need Shockey

Car123

Barnidge has decent potential, but we'll never know until he plays against real competition. Whenever Fox let him on the field (one play per month it seemed) he showed something, but last year was bad for him due to injury.

I'm a big time Barnidge fan, but I'd rather go with a certainty than uncertainty.

well how can you argue with the logic of "it's some other guys fault that he sucks"

12 receptions in 4 seasons. damn you fox

You said it yourself. Last time he caught a pass in a game was 2009...that right there says he never had playing time what so ever. How can someone show their stuff if they can't get on the field.

You really countered your own post. I'd rather a guy get on the field and show he sucks than holding a towel with a ballcap thinking 'What if?'

Besides, the fact he's still around says the Coaching staff sees something in him.

@OP, sure we don't NEED Shockey...but I wouldn't mind having him back.

Barnidge has huge potential and it will be interesting to see what the coaching staff has done to improve his game.

Barnidge essentially has the same build that Olsen does and from what I have seen from Barnidge he really looks like Olsen 2.0.

The only thing that really hurts about losing Shockey is the fact that Shockey has become a great blocking tight end. However, if the Panthers have their eye on a blocking tight end in the draft or if they feel that Ben Hartsock can become the blocking tight end that the Panthers need, then I can't argue.

You said it yourself. Last time he caught a pass in a game was 2009...that right there says he never had playing time what so ever. How can someone show their stuff if they can't get on the field.

lol he played 16 games in 2010, started 3 of them. way to completely not know WTF you are talking about

guess that's not enough playing time to notch ONE reception though, huh?

lol he played 16 games in 2010, started 3 of them. way to completely not know WTF you are talking about

guess that's not enough playing time to notch ONE reception though, huh?

Most of his playing time in 2010 was on special teams

And disregard our receivers numbers in 2010, Clausen was quarterback.

If anyone judges a tight end on anything other than blocking in Fox's scheme then they need to go back and look at how Foxy used the tight ends.

Fox never had a tight end reach 500 yards receiving in his tenure with Carolina. Rivera's first year sees Greg Olsen reaching the 500 yard mark.

You can't judge Barnidge on his past performances in years past when he rarely saw plays directed toward him.

Archived