• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-Will or Stewart trade?

klumme

Listen. RB's have Zero fuging value right now. Only the tippy top get money like DWill got (which was over the top). If we could get someone to give up a second it would be great, a LATE first would be robbery.

Our backs have better than average wear and tear at least. Bringing Tolbert in will be a giant billboard advertising that Stew is available for trade.

Though I wish we had done a poll so we could see how many people would actually eat that bonus in our cap that D'Lo got paid. It wouldve been good for the lols.

If either of them was traded, it would be Stewart. DeAngelo's contract pretty much means he's staying for at least 2 more seasons. After that he's got two years left and would only hit the team for 6 million, instead of the cap hit of 17 million if he was cut or traded this season. Next season it's a cap hit of 9 million.There's too much back money to restructure him, unless he makes it to the final year of his deal.

With all that said, the team really wants to resign Stewart. So, I highly doubt he would be traded. If anything he'll walk for nothing back after this season if a deal can't be reached.

Why does bringing in Tolbert mean that we'll trade Stewart or DeAngelo? Mike Tobert is a FULL BACK people. If the Panthers cut anybody to make room for him, it'll be Goodson and that is what Pat Yasinskas is reporting @ ESPN.

If either of them was traded, it would be Stewart. DeAngelo's contract pretty much means he's staying for at least 2 more seasons. After that he's got two years left and would only hit the team for 6 million, instead of the cap hit of 17 million if he was cut or traded this season. Next season it's a cap hit of 9 million.There's too much back money to restructure him, unless he makes it to the final year of his deal.

With all that said, the team really wants to resign Stewart. So, I highly doubt he would be traded. If anything he'll walk for nothing back after this season if a deal can't be reached.

Let him walk away for nothing is why we would be picking in top half of the upcoming 5 drafts. Wake up, if he is going, then get something for him.

Mike Tolbert will be brought in as a fullback guys. Stop freaking out

Did you watch Tolbert last year? He is more than just a FB and if you pay him just to play FB then you have an overpaid and irritated FB.

How the hell do you guys figure we would more likely get rid of Stewart than Deangelo?

what is this? I dont even-

Let's see if we make make this even more simple for some of you.

With the contract that DWill was given last year (over $20 million guaranteed), he is UNTRADABLE unless he would be willing to renegotiate with another club before a trade. And, why in the hell would he do that....he would not.

No one would be willing to trade for DWill and that contract.....$20 million immediate cap hit if we cut him. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?????

It has been reported that Stewart would not have discussions last season about a contract extension. That tells me that he definitely wants to test the FA market and be the primary back in an offense. Given that....and now the Tolbert news...it is pretty evident that the team is preparing for the possibility that Stew is gone.

IF he is not willing to re-sign, you should look at trading him now for compensation....rather than lose him at the end of the season to FA.

Not saying that I want this to happen....I don't.

Or, that this is what WILL happen....I don't know.

But, 1 + 1 = 2.

Archived