• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fantrums

Mr. Scot

Grrrrr....yeah Mr. Scot! Those Detroit fans angry after Matt Millen kept coming back year after year after year were just throwing nonsensical fantrums!!!!!11!111

Are you honestly trying to compare that to the Jake Delhomme thing?

The difference is the Lions always lost with Millen and then Panthers have won with Delhomme.

I told Jake he was a pooty QB in 06 when I had seats 3 rows behind the panthers bench, he looked at me and shook his head.

That qualifies as a fantrum, right?

On your part or his? :lol:

Read the definition again. It takes something a little stronger and more focused to qualify as a full blown fantrum.

(Check the Delhomme extension thread; lots of good examples there)

On your part or his? :lol:

Read the definition again. It takes something a little stronger and more focused to qualify as a full blown fantrum.

(Check the Delhomme extension thread; lots of good examples there)

I'll try harder next time.

I beg to differ. Soccer hooligans in England and Ireland have perfected it. When Charlotte burns after a win or a loss (doesn't matter which), then we will be on the right track.

Charlotte will never burn, it's not that type of fan base. However, you need a canoe and paddle to navigate through uptown with all the tears hitting the streets after a simple contract extension.

Love it - go for the copyright. :hurray:

I looked for other references to the word and came up with something strangely similar - fontrum - and I've been feeling this way quite a bit recently on the Huddle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fontrum

fontrum

a) Feeling embarrassment for someone that doesn't have enough common sense to feel the embarrassment that they should be feeling for themselves for their actions.

B) The situation in which one is a third party observer to a so greatly embarrassing situation that the observer is uncomfortable.

Wonder who you mean... :sosp:

Should the Huddle be credited as the birthplace of the fantrum, or just a place where it's commonly practiced?

If anything, just about every team's message board has it as common practice. The fantrums here likely pale in comparison to the ones on the Eagles board when talking about McNabb/Reid or the Bears board every time Grossman started a game. :lol:

Love it - go for the copyright. :hurray:

I looked for other references to the word and came up with something strangely similar - fontrum - and I've been feeling this way quite a bit recently on the Huddle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fontrum

fontrum

a) Feeling embarrassment for someone that doesn't have enough common sense to feel the embarrassment that they should be feeling for themselves for their actions.

B) The situation in which one is a third party observer to a so greatly embarrassing situation that the observer is uncomfortable.

This happens to me all the time, friends of mine will think something embarrassing someone does is so funny, but I just feel embarrassed for the person and can't bring myself to laugh.

Archived