• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reed: Source says not even one offer for Pep to date

Fireball77

And he got 20% more then last year because he was already getting more then the average of the top 5. And considering if he signs his tender he will be the highest paid def player in the NFL (even over Haynesworth) and probably among the top 5 paid players in the NFL period. All this for a guy with consistency issues yeah I call that overspending.

We were willing to pay him the highest wage ever presented to a defensive player last year and he turned it down. Our cap went up over 6 million and his salary went up about 3 million. What's up?

I've seen you post that theory before.

it's plausible.

Well both franchises are known for keeping things under wraps and being silent on what they do.

They may very well be the only team we could do a silent trade with.

(it would surprise their and our rivals)

If any team tries to talk to the Panthers about a trade before he signs his tender it's considered tampering.

If pep wants to be traded and play somewhere other then Carolina, he needs to and I will Quote Bill Belichick here "Sign his tender".

And I'm not even sure the Panthers have any intention of trading Peppers anyhow

Another screw up by Pepper's agent.

Otherwise known as "a league source with knowledge of the situation" :lol:

I looked over Reed's article to see if he ever referenced the restrictions that existed since he hasn't signed his tender. If he made any mention of that, I missed it. If this was written without that aspect of the story in mind, this one has the potential to look bad for him.

(and this after he had recovered a lot of the credibility lost in his "they'll never sign Keyshawn" story)

Otherwise known as "a league source with knowledge of the situation" :lol:

I looked over Reed's article to see if he ever referenced the restrictions that existed since he hasn't signed his tender. If he made any mention of that, I missed it. If this was written without that aspect of the story in mind, this one has the potential to look bad for him.

(and this after he had recovered a lot of the credibility lost in his "they'll never sign Keyshawn" story)

you remember how long he disappeared for after he blew the keyshawn thing? i had begun to consider him one of the more reliable ones since he came back.

poor guy.

Can the signing of the tender happen simultaneously with a deal that his agent has already essentially worked out between the two teams and Peppers, or does the signing of the tender have to be publicly filed and transparent for a minimum period of time to the rest of the 30 remaining teams? Just wondering.

Archived