• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reed: Source says not even one offer for Pep to date

Fireball77

I always wonder, when people quote those 14.5 sacks, if the people quoting them, understand how many were against the Lions and Raiders, without any doubt, in 08, two of the absolutely most abysmal teams in the league.

In big games, Julius disappears.

And for that reason along with his "3-4 LB" request we will not get many offers for him matching our trade demands...we might not get a single offer that Hurney even considers to be adequate.

You want to bet? Hurney might have said it but when it gets down to crunch time I bet he backs off that.

I agree. Pep is nowhere near worth 2 first rounders even to a desperate team and certainly not as a conversion project. He's starting at what the compensation is for a FT player, and leaving room to negotiate. You don't start low publicly and try to work your way UP compensation wise.

That said, I will now be shocked if he isn't a Panther in 2009.

I wonder how many other FOs are like the Pats' and wouldn't deal with an agent directly and would have wanted to see Pep sign the tender before they would consider the idea also.

I really think that Pep should fire his agent because from all I have seen, the man badly mishandled the whole thing from jump. Pep has learned the high price of being too loyal to someone.

That's the same story with pretty much the entire top ten in sacks. Same story for each player, got a ton of sacks against really bad teams and the rest were spread out amongst the other 13 - 14 games.

That is probably a good point. I have not bothered to look at the stats for all players on defense in the NFL.

One question, are they going to be paid $1 million a game? $16.7 million for the season. I don't think so.

All teams have there issues. The Panthers had the typical John Fox season against less than stellar opponents...let's see how John does this year.

All I know, speaking just for me, and I'm a PSL holder, have always supported this team, financially and otherwise, and always will, as long as I financially can in this economy, but, something died in me, and probably many other fans with that performance in the playoffs. I don't believe in the Fox message anymore. It is also concerning that two of the prime DL players want/wanted out over the past two years. Something is just wrong. It always seems to be someone else's fault. The buck stops with John. Anyone at that game could absolutely feel all the emotion sucked from the fan base.

All teams lose. There can be only one winner of the SuperBowl. Its not that Fox loses, its how his team loses.

I am absolutely sick of the team being embarrassed and out coached in big games on National TV. Sick and tired. Tired and sick. The guy who quote 'had a bad game' gets a $20 million upfront deal. Its just unbelievable.

Time will tell.

Could be worse, I suppose, could be a Raiders or Lions fan.

Pretty amazing that no buzz on Peppers at all. The last few weeks have been about Sanchez, and Bouldin and Braylon Edwards being subjects of trades. But zilch speculation on Peppers. Hard to believe no one is interested. Thats what happens when you tell people you only want to play for 4 teams and play in a new position. Imagine if Bouldin was telling teams he wanted to be traded and wanted play TE?

After reading that article my thought is this - if no one gives us any kind offer for Peppers than if I'm Julius I'm thinking that perhaps I'm not as great as I think I am right now. Talking about bringing someone down from the stratosphere they think they're on! It's reality check time for Pep and maybe he'll start thinking that his situation really isn't that bad and he'll be thankful for what he has in the Panthers. Maybe this will humble him.

Maybe I need to wake up and stop dreaming....

the Problem is Peppers is not worth about about Half of what he stands to make next year.

The Panthers are paying this clown twice what he's worth next season, more than that if he takes the whole season off again.

I don't blame a team, giving Peppers career the last 3 yrs and age, for not wanting to take what would be a huge financial gamble.

The Guy has never won a NFL Defensive MVP award, no way he's worth over $10/million a season, its insane.

Panthers will do good to go 7-9 next season, and a big reason why is this whole Peppers issues. FO should've let him walk, instead they will pay him a fortune and lose key backups and not sign any new Free Agents worth a darn, which we needed badly on defense.

The Defense will be worse(unless Meeks can work a miracle) and the Offense is weaker now because of key reserves lost....thanks to the Salary Cap, thanks to paying Pep way too much

I know this has been talked mentioned in another post just couldnt find it. but since its looking like pep is prob gonna stay. how would you guys feel about trading next years first for glen dorsey? pep, dorsey, kemo, and a good rookie DE might be a pretty good dline of course the one big problem with this would be dorseys contract

Archived