• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So when Michael Jordan does all these things(let's superstars walk, gets into a lil trouble, etc), are ya'll gonna revolt again lol. Let's be real, Jordan is a lot like Shinn in that he's got long money, probably more than you and I, but he doesn't have deep pockets like most these other owners have. Also, I like Jordan...he's my favorite player of all time, but Jordan is a controversial figure. I really wouldn't be surprised if he got into a lil trouble in the future.

As a kid, I loved the Hornets. I wouldn't mind if we got the Hornets name back, but then again, I never wanted them to leave. I feel like I did everything I could to keep them here lol. I supported the Hornets and still went to the games(my uncle was a season ticket holder), even when the people of Charlotte stopped supporting them because of their little "gripe" with Shinn. There's plenty of teams out there with bad owners, but those fans don't just stop supporting the team like we did the Hornets. I just think the Hornets were a fad in Charlotte and it wasn't "cool" anymore. They're cool again now, and will be for a few years but the so called fans will do them just like they did the previous Hornets and doing the Bobcats now. I think it would be a waste for MJ to invest in this

I think it is fair to say that any owner that has a sex scandal with one of his dancers, then lets his superstars walk without a real effort, and then demands the taxpayers pay for 100% of his arena (after saying he would pay 50%), all this going on while we are #1 in the NBA in attendance and near the top in merchandise sales....... any fanbase would, and should revolt.

It wasn't just Shinn letting them walk or the arena by itself. It was the fact that we had one of the highest selling merchandise on the market and the #1 attendance over a decade and he put none of that money back into the team in any way shape or form.

So if Michael gets us back to #1 in attendance and doesn't improve the roster, keep our good players (or at least try), and then demands a new arena then yes the fans will probably revolt again.

Lets get back to #1 in attendance first.

My favorite Hornets team will always be that Baron Davis lead team in 2000-2001. That was an exciting team, and Baron was an exciting player. I'll never forget the headbands worn for that playoff series against Miami, David Wesley coming around the baseline for the turnaround jay. I was 12 years old and was a regular coming from Winston to Charlotte to most home games including the playoffs. Good times.

I just hope if they come back Michael's able to put a competitive team out there, and the city of Charlotte and surrounding areas doesn't screw it up again...

I'll start caring about the bobcats / Hornets or whoever once they put in a nucleus of legitimate players and keep them for a few years. The team has no identity except one of inconsistency and failure. Why would I pull for that?

^

I'll start caring about the bobcats / Hornets or whoever once they put in a nucleus of legitimate players and keep them for a few years. The team has no identity except one of inconsistency and failure. Why would I pull for that?

true definition of a fair weather fan. you either support your home team or you dont, there are no variables.

And this is yet another reason why the rebrand would capitalize on the rebuilding plan already in place for on-court success. For the most part, the Bobcats haven't built a solid fanbase or rapport with fans. A good deal of us have been actively pulling for them since day one, but there are thousands of potential fans who have avoided the team either because of the brand and some bitter feelings or the lack of a consistent, quality product on the floor... or both. Pull them in now with the rebrand and they'll stick once the product meets the hype of the new identity in 2 years or so.

The rebranding walls are closing in... How do I counter it?

SMH...

u_mad.jpg

If your point was to offend people and make them feel the way you feel about the potential Hornets rebrand for the Bobcats, then you may have made your point. Problem is, there is no public outcry for a rebrand of the Panthers. The Panthers merchandise sells. The fanbase has never been alienated. JR listens to suggestions, calls fans himself, interacts with fans, etc. The stadium is always full, thanks to PSLs, and if you don't like opposing fans being in the stadium you should take your efforts to raising awareness about our own fans selling their tickets to non-fans.

This is getting pathetic.

Forget about rebranding. Just spend 100% of the time, money, and resources in adding talent to this pathetic excuse of a roster.

I would even settle for a team not making the playoffs that is at least competitive.

Why would I spend my hard earned money to come watch this abomination lose by 30+ points yet again.

We are not even competitive in games.

Archived