• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

the only way i could support a rebrand to the hornets is if shinn footed 100% of the bill

other than that, fug them

I think this is one of the main issues to detractors. Yes, the Shinn and Hornet divorce was ugly, but if the name comes back, Shinn doesn't come with it.

The lack of support for the Hornets had nothing to do with the players on the floor (because they were winning) and everything to do with wanting George Shinn out.

Right now the score is Hornets 3,000. Bobcats 100.

If they do re-brand, on game day the Hornets guys can go help fill up a stadium, and the Bobcats guys can fill maybe half of an Applebee's.

This is becoming a no-brainer IMO.

I was intrigued by the idea at first at first but was pretty neutral on the whole thing. But in light of these recent polls I am pretty solidly on the bandwagon. It just makes too much sense.

Once again, if you can do both (re-brand and put a competitive team on the court)... why not?

For once, I would like a better answer than because the Bobcats are our team because any man as selfish as Bob Johnson is shouldn't have the benefit of having his mark on NBA basketball. The name itself and the color scheme don't bother me, it's the fact that it has nothing to do with Charlotte or it's history.

- The Panthers were designed to promote the "Carolinas" thus the resemblance of the two bordering states in the emblem.

- The Tar Heels were named after the North Carolina soldiers who crossed over the Tar River and upon their arrival on the other side they found that their feet were covered in tar.

- The Carolina Hurricanes received their name because of this particulars storm tendency to show up in North Carolina.

Every team has a name with a background except the Bobcats, it's time for that to change.

With new Hornets owner Tom Benson saying he might rename the team, there’s been more speculation about whether the Bobcats would be interested in acquiring the Hornets nickname. Bobcats management can’t comment on that. But sources familiar with NBA procedure say it would take a minimum of two years from the time a team requested a name change until there actually was a change. That’s in part about giving uniform-supplier Adidas time to adjust to new logos and looks.

This is a clip from an article on the Charlotte Observer via HoopsHype

As I understand it the approval of moving the Seattle Sonics to OKC was approved on this very day in 2008 and at the start of the 2008-2009 season they were the Thunder.

Not exactly apples and apples because they were moving cities, but these things can be expedited if it need to be.

As I understand it the approval of moving the Seattle Sonics to OKC was approved on this very day in 2008 and at the start of the 2008-2009 season they were the Thunder.

Not exactly apples and apples because they were moving cities, but these things can be expedited if it need to be.

It does make you wonder, because that is true about them moving. It would be bad pr for the merchandising sells to announce a plan of rebranding and then it taking NO two years to do it. If the NBA and the two franchises can get this done over the summer it would be awesome. Especially with the energy peaking for this.

I've heard that a lot of the bobcats fans enjoy places like Applebees, Chilis, and Captain D's.

I also heard that they are bad tippers.

Ugh, 3 kitsch locations. If I am going low-cost restaurant, give me something local!

Archived