• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

unicar15

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with this. However, circumstances beyond control of the individual athlete sometimes dictate whether a guy makes it or not. Size plays a big factor in the NFL and while I know Brees is around six feet, it basically took the Chargers drafting Rivers before the light went off.

Chris Leak is another example of a guy who was weeded out of the NFL due to size.

Sometimes people come along that defy these sort of size limitations and still manage to succeed. It's not as though he was playing with a tiny OL in college, in fact most of his OL was as big or larger than your average NFL unit.

Instead of looking at his height, look at his success in college. He was unreal at NCSU, and was in the heisman race at Wisconsin and was only there for a season.

Of the QB's that threw at the combine, I thought he had the best touch and strength of the group.

Better arm than Brees or Brady. Good mobility. The lights won't be too bright after 50 college starts.

He has everything that I would look for in a QB if I was drafting him really high, except for a few inches.

TD:INT ratio

Completion %

At least 3 years starting

Able to make every throw

Size

Only lacking in one area, and you got him in the 3rd.

• 2 months later...

Seattle sure has collected a bunch of good back up QBs. I think Wilson can be good, but not in Seattle.

Anyone want to rethink their doubting Russell Wilson. So far he has been arguably the most impressive rookie in the league and I think he has the chance not just to start during the season (as I predicted) but could start week 1.

staters i still find hilarious, as with their 2 pennies.

A UNC-ch fan is butthurt because TJ Yates is the only UNC-ch QB to ever start a game. That took 2 injuries to accomplish. I also read somewhere that before TJ Yates breakout season, Phillip Rivers had thrown for more yards in a game than all UNC-ch QBs in NFL history, combined. He's done it 3 times I believe.

In closing, I believe that this UNC-ch fan's two pennies on a QB's college to pro transition is probably hilarious as well.

I'm thinking it's official...Seattle has a QB controversy!!!

Wilson looked great with and against the starters. My Hawk friends seem to forget really quick that Flynn is essentially a rookie with age and sideline experience. I hope he's mature enough to be a back up or at least a shared time QB. Wilson has the early vote for my starter.

Archived