• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

unicar15

"He showed us enough," said Carroll. "He's in the competition." Carroll praised Wilson's preparation, "terrific arm," and early grasp of Seattle's West Coast offense while confirming he'll be given an opportunity to start on Opening Day. "I'd hoped that, and we confirmed it in these three days," Carroll said. "He left really no question about he needs to be involved in the competition."

I still laugh at all the people who said they wouldn't take him until the 5th round. This guy is NOT Seneca Wallace...that's one of the most race-based comparisons I've seen. He's a shorter version of Drew Brees if you want to make a comparison and it's not going to shock me at all if he wins that starting job. I think he can succeed in any offense but if they open up a spread then he's going to be surgical with his arm and running ability.

Hope Russell does well in the pros but this was one of my WTF draft picks. The Cousins pick for the redskins was obviously much worse and extremely dumb, but they are very similar selections.

Seahawks just invested money in Matt Flynn to be the guy and a week ago announce that there is basically an open competition for the QB job. Not a big fan of Flynn to begin with, but teams should do things to make their investments successful.

Still don't know what the Skins were thinking. Worst pick in the entire draft IMHO. Even worse than the Pats selecting a 4th string rugby player. 2 bad games from RG3 and the whispers will start.

Competition is great for everyone involved, but the draft choices could of been better spent and these two particular players (Flynn,RG3) and expected to and are being paid to be the guy.

maybe cool out on the Brees comparisons until he at least does something on the field at the next level. They are both shorter than most qb's, that about it so far.

And Russell was a better college QB than Brees...

FWIW I don't think Carroll was blowing smoke and I think that Wilson will start at some point this season unless Flynn is the 2nd coming of Aaron Rodgers..

Other than the 3 inches he lacks RW was the second best QB in this draft..He did it for a longer period at a higher level than RG3 IMO.

Other than the 3 inches he lacks RW was the second best QB in this draft..He did it for a longer period at a higher level than RG3 IMO.

I would agree with this. However, circumstances beyond control of the individual athlete sometimes dictate whether a guy makes it or not. Size plays a big factor in the NFL and while I know Brees is around six feet, it basically took the Chargers drafting Rivers before the light went off.

Chris Leak is another example of a guy who was weeded out of the NFL due to size.

miami prob gunna be pissed they passed on him. I wanted him...but he needs to start somewhere. wisconsin has a huge o-line ...i think he will be better than brees.

Yeah, if he doesnt win a super bowl and set the NFL record for passing yards in a season I would consider Russell Wilson a failure

Archived