• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

unicar15

By the way. Everyone was ragging on the organization because they selected Bruce Irvin in the first round and Bobby Wagner in the second. Irvin leads the Seahawks in sacks, Wagner leads the team in tackles. Yeah, I don't think Seahawk fans are looking to fire the GM. lol

what? I never insinuated he should be fired. Bad pickup.

what? I never insinuated he should be fired. Bad pickup.

You compared him to Hurney, which what I can see, most Panthers fans want him gone. Thats what I was getting at. To say it was a bad move just is putting your eggs in one basket. First off, they signed Flynn before they even drafted Wilson. Second of all, if the Seahawks didn't have Flynn... Who would be the backup? Josh Portis? The Seahawks want to win, and that means having depth. Flynn gives them that.

Who has he played twice so far?? No one. He still has division games against SF- last time his rating was 32, Arizona his rating was 62, and against St Louis it is 46. Even against us it was an 82 rating. Don't get me wrong I think he doing much better than everyone expected, especially me after watching him play in college where I wasn't that impressed. But lets not put him up there with Luck. He doesn't have half the talent or natural ability. But that is my opinion and that is why I am on this board instead of working as a scout in college or the pros.

Who has he played twice so far?? No one. He still has division games against SF- last time his rating was 32, Arizona his rating was 62, and against St Louis it is 46. Even against us it was an 82 rating. Don't get me wrong I think he doing much better than everyone expected, especially me after watching him play in college where I wasn't that impressed. But lets not put him up there with Luck. He doesn't have half the talent or natural ability. But that is my opinion and that is why I am on this board instead of working as a scout in college or the pros.

He would have been a top five pick if it wasn't for his height. He has just as much natural ability. I suppose we will see, but on the other hand, it's all the rookies first year, you can say the same thing with Luck and RG3. Point is, no rookie class has done anything close to what this one has done. Those games were in the start of the season, I know you don't follow the seahawks, but his playbook was VERY limited. Wasn't until the Lions game where Bevill actually opened up the playbook.

Lets see how Wilson does once folks have a bunch of tape on him.

Isn't that what they said about Cam after his rookie year?

The difference is that Wilson has Marshawn Lynch and a good offensive line which gives him an incredible running game. Also...I hate to say it but Wilson is good exactly for the same reasons he was great at NCSU and Wisky...he is a freakin smart QB.

Unlike Cam, Wilson doesn't take one play to the LOS and run it b/c the coaches make him. Wilson is a much more sophisticated play caller at the LOS and is better evaluator of the defense. Cam will get there and when he does he's going to be great but right now Luck and Wilson are reading defenses and making checks/running their teams from the LOS.

I think RGIII takes a big step back next year though...

I still say Irvin was a bad pick in the 1st. I thought Wagner was a decent pick in the second.

If Irvin was getting his sacks and producing in some other way, he'd be doing ok. But if the only thing he can do is get a sack every other game, he's not pulling his weight. Maybe he'll develop a lot and turn into a good player, but 7 sacks and 11 tackles in 12 games isn't very impressive.

Russell was a good pick. The Seahawks GM is the anti-Hurney. Misses in the 1st almost every year, but good from then on.

I still say Irvin was a bad pick in the 1st. I thought Wagner was a decent pick in the second.

If Irvin was getting his sacks and producing in some other way, he'd be doing ok. But if the only thing he can do is get a sack every other game, he's not pulling his weight. Maybe he'll develop a lot and turn into a good player, but 7 sacks and 11 tackles in 12 games isn't very impressive.

Russell was a good pick. The Seahawks GM is the anti-Hurney. Misses in the 1st almost every year, but good from then on.

Others DEs drafted in the first that were said to be "better" than Irvin:

Coples - 15 TT 2 Sacks

McClellin - 6 TT 2.5 Sacks

Jones - 18TT 6 Sacks - only one you can make a case for

Branch (drafted in the second, but said to have a higher grade) - 9 TT 1 Sack

I would say Irvin is just fine, and it wasn't a "miss"... The Seahawks brought him on to produce sacks, and he leads all rookies in sacks. How is it a bad pick?

Coples is playing 3-4 DE, drafted into the wrong system in my opinion, but I'm not making a case for any of them. This was a weak pass rushing class.

Jones has 34 tackles, I dunno where you're getting 18. NFL.com says 34, and 34 tackles with 6 sacks is far better than 11 tackles with 7 sacks. If all the Seahawks brought him in to do was give them a sack every other game, that's misusing your resources in my opinion, i.e. a first round draft pick. That's like drafting a fullback in the 1st to come in and pickup a TD once a game from the 1 or 2 yard line but doesn't get any other carries.

Got ya, I just went by solo tackles. You are right he has 34 combined. Not saying he is a superstar, but the Seahawks wanted a pass rusher. To say we "missed" in the draft means there are better options out there, which I disagree with. Irvin will develop, just like most of the draft picks the seahawks have made since JS took over.

He would have been a top five pick if it wasn't for his height. He has just as much natural ability. I suppose we will see, but on the other hand, it's all the rookies first year, you can say the same thing with Luck and RG3. Point is, no rookie class has done anything close to what this one has done. Those games were in the start of the season, I know you don't follow the seahawks, but his playbook was VERY limited. Wasn't until the Lions game where Bevill actually opened up the playbook.

Height is very important for a quarterback who is looking over a line of guys who are 6'5" or 6'6" on both sides. There is reason we talk about Drew Brees being good and he is only 6' tall. Again Wilson isn't close to Luck who not only is more athletic but also is 240 and 6'4".

I know you Seattle fans think he is the next best thing and he was a great pickup, but lets see how he does next year and the one after. After 45 years of watching the NFL, I have seen a ton of short quarterbacks who looked good one year only to disappear and be replaced in a few seasons once teams figure out to beat him.

The difference is that Wilson has Marshawn Lynch and a good offensive line which gives him an incredible running game. Also...I hate to say it but Wilson is good exactly for the same reasons he was great at NCSU and Wisky...he is a freakin smart QB.

Unlike Cam, Wilson doesn't take one play to the LOS and run it b/c the coaches make him. Wilson is a much more sophisticated play caller at the LOS and is better evaluator of the defense. Cam will get there and when he does he's going to be great but right now Luck and Wilson are reading defenses and making checks/running their teams from the LOS.

I think RGIII takes a big step back next year though...

Wilson reminds me of Dalton last year. A decent quarterback who benefits from a team that is playing great for him and making him better than he would be if he had been in Cam's place or on a bad team like he was in 2011. Look at yesterday for example, 8 turnovers by the defense made things a piece of cake. Wilson is in a WCO which really has mostly automatic reads and plays based on where the defense is lined up. He isn't doing anything Newton didn't do last year until Chud got too cute for his own good this year. Since Chud opened things up for Newton, he is playing as good a brand of ball than Wilson or Luck or most anyone in the past 4 games. His average ratings has been well over 100 and that doesn't count his rushing totals.

Archived