• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Harrison Barnes, the Bobcats (Hornets) will in the NBA Title in 5 years

TheOracle

Barnes is an enigma. No doubt about it that physically he is one of the most gifted players in the draft but I question his heart.

99.9% of the games he played in this year he was the best player on the court. He reminds me of Peppers in a sense that this guy does some of the craziest stuff and just makes it look easy, then pulls a houdini for 2 or 3 games.

Frustrating player to watch, yes, but I don't give a fu*k what you little dukefags and ABCers say about him, dude is the best shooter in this draft class with out a doubt.

I've read that some people think Barnes has more upside than Davis. If that is the case then I don't think there's any way you CAN'T take him.

Who are these dumbass people you speak of?

I need a link or something from a establish nba talent evaluator who said that.

Barnes turned off a lot of people because of the unreal expectations he didnt live up to at UNC.

I will NOT be disappointed if we drafted Harrison Barnes. I would be thrilled actually.

Its CRAZY how ive read posters everywhere say they dont want Barnes but they do want Drummond. SMH.

i wouldnt hate the barnes pick, but only if we do trade down, i wouldnt take him over MKG. he has the ability im just worried the effort isnt there, i dont watch too many UNC games but when i did he never had to create for himself, (marshall or zeller with a kickout always made easy shots for him) but alot of the times i felt he didnt force anything, which i can understand since he had the 2nd most talented team in the country he shouldnt be forcing shots.... and thats a complaint about him, not being agressive. he is another boom or bust kinda guy that i just dont feel like the cats can take a risk on right now

Your ENTIRE ARGUMENT that we should draft Barnes is solely because he is FRIENDS with Kyrie Irving. You provided no argument for how he would help the Bobcats on the court. Instead, you ramble on about Carolina's injuries etc. etc. which has nothing to do with Barnes as a prospect.

Then you call out Panthro when he actually does state a case for not drafting Barnes that has to do with his on-the-court performance. The guy can't create his own shot and disappears during games. Adam Morrison couldn't create his own shot and handle NBA defense either, and Lord knows I don't wanna go through that again. Show me something that says Harrison Barnes will be a star in the NBA, and I'll gladly give you a rebuttal, but drafting a guy because he's friends with another guy is asinine at best.

MKG may not be the greatest scorer, but he'd give us the slasher and toughness we lost in Gerald Wallace. Thomas Robinson may not give us the superstar potential of an Anthony Davis, but combined with Bismack, could provide great presence inside that the Bobcats never have enjoyed.

Are you STUPID or something?? I'm done with your IGNORANCE. I'm not making an ARGUMENT to draft Barnes. I'm having fun with draft speculation RETARD.

Can you separate the two, or do you think that everything done is trying to lead to an end? Cho isn't scanning these forums looking for advice.

Uh-oh. Jordan knows Barnes' "mama" LOL:

so your entire plan is basically that Irving will come to play with Barnes, and then Davis will want to play for the Hornets instead of, uh, the Spirit or whatever? What about how Barnes will do on the basketball court? I have a suspicion that might be a bit more important to Irving than their friendship

so your entire plan is basically that Irving will come to play with Barnes, and then Davis will want to play for the Hornets instead of, uh, the Spirit or whatever? What about how Barnes will do on the basketball court? I have a suspicion that might be a bit more important to Irving than their friendship

What plan? For the last freaking time, this is fun speculation. Again, Bobcat executives aren't scanning Carolina Huddle for advice.

As for "on the court", Barnes has as much potential as anyone else in this draft. Any honest person will admit that. What he did last year at UNC matters about as much as what Adam Morrison did his last year at Gonzaga in terms who will become successful in the NBA.

IT DOESN'T.

I would not draft Barnes in the second round..just because he will be the Raymond Felton of Forwards...at best. He will be just some dude on a team in three years.

His inability to create a shot off the dribble is a major concern and his celing is not very high at all. Unless he gets a clean face the basket catch his shooting percentage is a lot lower..and that was in college.

Archived