• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

BTW the hate on Barnes is ridiculous. The whole argument is that "he had two bad games in the NCAA tourney without Marshall , therefore he isn't that good!!"

I understand some of the hesitation on Barnes, but he is still figuring things out. He isn't a completed project yet. But he has a great mid range game, can make very difficult shots, and has a great work ethic.

Everything with him right now is mental. Basketball IQ. Understanding the game better. He has all the tools to be a big time pro. If you watch him enough you can't help but realize that once he puts it all together he is going to be a big time player.

I am a Carolina fan so don't give me crap

Barnes is a good offensive player but he doesn't play defense and he doesn't rebound the basketball.

The Bobcats sucked at everything last year so if you can select a player that does all those things (score, rebound, defense) in Thomas Robinson, why take a guy over him that can only do one of those things?

I am a Carolina fan so don't give me crap

Barnes is a good offensive player but he doesn't play defense and he doesn't rebound the basketball.

The Bobcats sucked at everything last year so if you can select a player that does all those things (score, rebound, defense) in Thomas Robinson, why take a guy over him that can only do one of those things?

I would be happy is we drafted Thomas Robinson. And I want us to draft Bradley Beale. But Harrison Barnes is going to be a big time player if he gets the proper coaching.

Although I will say that I am not convinced that a 6-9 guy who averages less than one block per 40 minutes for his college career is really that great of a defender (Thomas Robinson).

I like all three of these three if the report is true though and would be excited to get any of them

I would be happy is we drafted Thomas Robinson. And I want us to draft Bradley Beale. But Harrison Barnes is going to be a big time player if he gets the proper coaching.

Although I will say that I am not convinced that a 6-9 guy who averages less than one block per 40 minutes for his college career is really that great of a defender (Thomas Robinson).

I like all three of these three if the report is true though and would be excited to get any of them

Idk if you are a Carolina fan but if you are then shame on you. You of all people should know that blocks aren't a good indicator of a great defender.

Some guys just aren't shot blockers (i.e. Thomas Robinson and Tyler Zeller).

Blocking shots is just another good asset and stat to have to go along with a good defensive skill set.

Idk if you are a Carolina fan but if you are then shame on you. You of all people should know that blocks aren't a good indicator of a great defender.

Some guys just aren't shot blockers (i.e. Thomas Robinson and Tyler Zeller).

Blocking shots is just another good asset and stat to have to go along with a good defensive skill set.

You are right Tyler Zeller, is not a great shot blocker. Yet he still averaged 2.0 blocks per 40 minutes. Almost double Thomas Robinson's 1.1 per 40.

But I am just being a devil's advocate. I like him just fine and I think he will be a good player.

BTW the hate on Barnes is ridiculous. The whole argument is that "he had two bad games in the NCAA tourney without Marshall , therefore he isn't that good!!"

I understand some of the hesitation on Barnes, but he is still figuring things out. He isn't a completed project yet. But he has a great mid range game, can make very difficult shots, and has a great work ethic.

Everything with him right now is mental. Basketball IQ. Understanding the game better. He has all the tools to be a big time pro. If you watch him enough you can't help but realize that once he puts it all together he is going to be a big time player.

So the Bobcats should draft an "incomplete project" at number 2...

The hate on Barnes is not just that he disappeared in the NCAA tourney. He just didn't live up to the hype. He had his good moments and his bad moments like any other decent college player.

So what if he has "all the tools?" Tools are useless if you don't do anything with them.

He was supposed to CARRY UNC after Marshall went down..in people's minds. He didn't, so people don't think he's worth crap...because of two games without Marshall. That's a pretty small sample size to go off of. Maybe Roy asked them to still play WITHIN THE SYSTEM and try to run their normal offense with White running PG.

I haven't seen anywhere where Roy said, we're expecting Barnes to carry us until Marshall gets back. Barnes carried them in that one game against Clemson in the ACC Tournament the previous year with Marshall playing, so it's not like he couldn't carry a team (at least for one game). He hit the game winning shot against FSU in Tallahassee that same year, so it's not like he's afraid to take the big shot.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY WERE TOLD TO PLAY AFTER MARSHALL WENT DOWN! All I know is their whole offense sucked. Spacing, fast breaks, everything. Should Barnes have scored 50 in all of that commotion to make know-nothings "feel him"? That's like asking a surgeon to operate with the lights off.

If I was one of these teams interviewing him, I would ask him what was going on in his head after Marshall got knocked out of the NCAA Tournament. That would be more revealing than just assuming that he sucks when their entire offense SUCKED after Marshall went down.

The hate on Barnes is not just that he disappeared in the NCAA tourney. He just didn't live up to the hype. He had his good moments and his bad moments like any other decent college player.

So what if he has "all the tools?" Tools are useless if you don't do anything with them.

1. Maybe there shouldn't have been any "hype", idiot humans. It's not his job to LIVE UP TO YOUR HYPE when he wasn't the one HYPING himself. If he said he was going to be Preseason AA and then he didn't accomplish it, then you should've ripped him. He didn't ask the idiots in the media to write what they did...THEY ARE THE ONES WHO WERE WRONG. He averaged 17ppg & 23pp40mins. Should he have scored 40 a game to deserve #2?

2. Who that might be drafted #2 has a complete game? Thomas Robinson? He'll be lucky to produce in the NBA like Emeka Okafor did when he ended up being the consolation prize to Dwight Howard. I'd rather not relive that crap by going with another STOCKY big man at #2, since the supposed "can't miss" pick ended up going to the team ahead of the Bobcats again.

Barnes is LESS INCOMPLETE than Gilchrist who is just a taller Henderson, he's taller than Beal so he doesn't make you have one of the shortest group of wings in the NBA when combined with Walker and Henderson, and he's not Okafor-redux.

Sorta like how I looked at Cam as an incomplete project last year in the NFL draft but still wanted to draft him. It is where your talents lie not the word "project" that I consider.

I will take a guy that is 6'8, with a great mid range game, strong work ethic, a desire to be great, and great base skill, but still learning how to best utilize those skills, than a guy who can't score like MKG and can only be summarized in unquantifiable terms like "winner, plays hard, etc."

Barnes has a lot less way to go than MKG does in terms of being an effective or even great pro. Barnes in my opinion also has more upside and all-star potential than anyone in this draft not named Anthony Davis.

Archived