• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Berman to call the 2nd MNF game this season...

Darth Biscuit

Its just one game, but some of us like to watch all of the nationally televised games. I shouldn't have to mute my TV because a self-absored annoying hack is calling it. He's like Cris Collingsworth on acid minus the insight (because while Collingsworth is an annoying prick, he at least has football credentials and at least knows what hes talking about for the most part).

He's fine for highlights and that 2 minute drill thing he does on SportsCenter and such. But play-by-play? No way.

You started the thread. Did you expect every single response to be another person whining about who calls a Chargers vs Raiders game?

I started the thread? Really? No poo Sherlock...

No I don't expect everyone to agree with me... but is it too much to ask that you not be a dick in every post you make, because you're damn good at that.

I don't know wtf you are, but Bully used to be a decent poster but every post you and he make now is some snarky retort like you're better than the rest of us... if you don't like what people post, you're entitled to say so, but you don't have to be an asshole about it.

i actually really like Berman. and if it's really that big of a deal to you guys who the commentator is, you are watcing football for the wrong reason.

errr, if you are watching on TV, you have no choice but to listen to the commentary. Watching on mute is just stupid. Everyone is watching because we are fans, and just because we want decent commentary (since there has to be commentary) that doesn't mean we are watching for the wrong reason.

When we disagree, let us just disagree. Don't come up with stupid bullshit that doesn't make sense.

Its like the Matt Millen thing. We're all football fans, but because Matt Millen is a commentator and talks through the entire broadcast (because its his job), it inteferes. You shouldn't notice the commentary, its supposed to blend in with the game. Its supplementary.

Archived