• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where were you...

FurdTurgason

...when the Panthers played in the Super Bowl?

What do you remember about the game?

At what point did you realize the Pats would win?

Did you see the Janet Jackson thing and realize she was flashing America?

And finally....how sure were you that the Panthers would be in another one within three years?

I was 11 years old at a college Super Bowl party in AZ talking up some ridiculously drunk 19 year old. I lived at the college because my Mom was attending so I was there year round. Everybody knew me pretty much.

I remember the game was exciting but the food and tits were a little distracting.

Once Kasay rammed it out of bounds I kind of knew it was over.

Kidding me, the place erupted when JJ showed her tits. Frat boys are like that.

I thought the Panthers would go to it again the next season.

I was the only Panthers fan at a friend's party in Laurel, MD.

I remember just about every detail about the game.

I missed the halftime show because I was getting a beer, heard about it from somebody else but I didn't believe them, my friend didn't have DVR. I actually didn't find out that she actually flashed her boob until the next day.

I knew it was over when the corner(Reggie Howard maybe?) slipped trying to cover a deep out route and the Pats got a big gain to get in FG position.

I figured the Panthers would be good for a few more years but I never assumed they'd make another Super Bowl. I did think we would beat the Seahawks back in 05 though the way we had dominated the previous 2 weeks.

I was in Reliant Stadium in Houston Texas sitting next to my wife screaming my head off. Didn't see JJ's tittay since she was facing the other side of the stadium. The thing about Kasay's kickoff is that he did that warming up at halftime right before the 3rd quarter started. I thought "Uh-oh, that's not good." Greatest moment for me was the 85 yard pass to Moose. I saw Jake heave that ball and looked downfield and Moose was a yard or so away from the defender. It was the most nerve wracking 3-5 seconds waiting to see if he would catch that ball. Most expensive 3 day trip of my life. I've been to one SuperBowl and doubt I will go to another. But I think the Panthers will win one while Cam is QB.

I was watching the game with my roommate and my neighbor, at my neighbors apartment in Boone.

I saw the Janet nipple, while no one else in the room did and they didn't believe me when I told them.

I was pretty devastated at the end of the game.

I was in California in training. I was the only Panther fan there, being a military training base there were fans of a bunch of different teams, I was the only one that thought the Panthers would win. I knew it was over when Vinateri hit his FG (I had faith in the defense even after the kick out of bounds). I missed the JJ thing cuz I was outside smoking. I wasn't sure when the Panthers would go back, parity can be a bitch sometimes.

I was in Camp Casey Korea. I thought Panthers would win after Muhammed scored on that long pass play from Delhomme and knew the lost after Kasay's kick. I didn't see nor cared about Janet Jackson. I wasn't sure because getting to the Superbowl is hard enough.

...when the Panthers played in the Super Bowl?

What do you remember about the game?

At what point did you realize the Pats would win?

Did you see the Janet Jackson thing and realize she was flashing America?

And finally....how sure were you that the Panthers would be in another one within three years?

At a SB party here in Charlotte.

Mainly, the ending and Kasay's choke. Also the record for longest pass in a SB.

Soon as Kasay choked. That kind of momentum to a QB Brady said after the game "The most tiring game I have ever played", just couldnt be taken back,

Yes I did, but she is ugly as fug so its a bittersweet thing cause her body is decent.

I never felt we would make it again. We got real close a year after (losing to seahawks?), closer than I ever thought. I never liked Delhomme like so many though, I knowhe had heart and could sling it but I couldn't see multiple SBs or some kinf of 'dynasty' with him, always felt like something was always lacking with the QB position.

Archived