• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Review for every turnover rule is horrible

Car123

It's not a bad rule, just needs to be handled quickly in the booth.

Exactly. Have the guys upstairs do a quick review and send word to the field if a more extensive review is required.

The field officials taking the time to go to the booth for every turnover sucks. They need to change this now.

Its a bad rule over all, like they said every turn over is reveiwed. There is no way they should have reveiwed that pick, even if it was for the spot of the ball about 3 ref was there to get people off the pile so they should know where to put the ball. It should be only if there is a clear reson to review..

Yea the first time for that fumble it looked like the teams were already getting set up to run the next play and the refs remembered they had to do a challenge.

They don't have to do a challenge, it was just subject to a challenge. The people in the booth must not have been sure of what they saw.

Please tell me they won't review a clean pick six where the guy waltzes into the endzone. Why review that??

They wouldn't. I think you guys are misunderstanding. Not every play will go under the hood.

Its a bad rule over all, like they said every turn over is reveiwed. There is no way they should have reveiwed that pick, even if it was for the spot of the ball about 3 ref was there to get people off the pile so they should know where to put the ball. It should be only if there is a clear reson to review..

The spot was when his knee first hit not the pile after the "fumble". There was never a fumble on that play because he was down first. It's just too bad that the refs didn't see it the first time like I did or they wouldn't have reviewed it.

I agree completely...This and reviewing every TD is a waste of time and does nothing but extend the game. There are Refs in the game for a reason, they get paid to make these calls on the field. I'm perfectly ok with Challenges, but this new thing about reiewing every turnover and every TD is garbage.

I am completeley fine with the new rule and am all for it. Turnovers are a game changer and somtimes they get it wrong because they aren't allowed time to review it. If anything in the game needs reviews it's turnovers. I would also rather watch 10 replays and Luke causing a fumble than an extra commercial. Turnovers don't happen too often unless some turnover prone teams are playing so really its not that bad. Keep in mind preseason games are always turnover mania games so it can seem like a bitch now.

Really though, I don't care about any inconvienence, anything that helps the accuracy of the real winner of the game coming up on top is fine by me.

Archived